Search for content in message boards

Cade Weathersby's daughter Elizabeth

Cade Weathersby's daughter Elizabeth

Phyllis Cochran (View posts)
Posted: 24 Feb 2002 9:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Weathersby - Thomas
I'm trying to find another descendent of Elizabeth Weathersby, daughter of Cade. She married Henry Thomas, and I am from their son John weathersby Thomas, born about 1798 in Bladen Co. Any other Weathersby-Thomas people out there who know anything? J.W. Thomas married Perlina Joslin and lived in Mississippi in the 1830s for certain. In 1838 he moved to Texas, where he died about 1868. If you have info or want info please contact me. Thanks! Phyllis Cochran

Re: Cade Weathersby's daughter Elizabeth

Posted: 30 Dec 2003 2:12AM GMT
John Weathersby Thomas is the 2nd great-grandfather of my daughter-in law. I have researched and have a lot on the Thomas line and related folks. I am confused re which Elizabeth Weathersbee (there were many of them) married Henry Thomas and produced John Weathersby Thomas. Please contact me directly by e-mail so that we may exchange data. Bill Epling at wepling@cox.net.

Posted: 18 Sep 2007 10:45PM GMT
Surnames: Thomas, Joslin, McMahon,
I am trying to put together my father's lineage (and now I have a North Carolina Thomas who has married our daughter!) This is a real incentive to learn more about my Thomas kin! I only have limited info back to John Weathersby Thomas of North Carolina (B. abt 1798) who married Perlina Joslin of Tennessee. Their oldest children were born in MS, but all I have is info from 1850 and later in Texas. I would really appreciate earlier info and will be glad to share my Texas data with you. I will be visiting Burlington, NC this winter, so can do any needed look-ups in that area. Thanks! Mary

Posted: 25 May 2013 11:24PM GMT
Are you still researching my 5ggrandfather J W Thomas?
Allan Harl Thomas

Posted: 24 Aug 2013 3:29AM GMT
Surnames: Thomas, Joslin
Just found your question. I would love to know more about John Weathersby Thomas of North Carolina (B. abt 1798) who married Perlina Joslin of Tennessee. So far, I haven't learned much. My son in law would love for me to find out if we are connected!

Posted: 20 Sep 2013 8:39PM GMT
Surnames: Thomas, Joslin, Bramlette
JW Thomas is my 4G grandfather. I know very little of him, just what his granddaughter wrote of him in her book. She said he lived in Mississippi in the 1830s, was married to Perlina Joslin, had a plantation that grew cotton and had slaves, and he loved to race horses. I know he lsot a horse race about 1838 that cost him his plantation - and he went to Texas. He lived in Caldwell County at first, but ended up in Atascosa County. His oldest daughter was Mariah Thomas, and she is my 3G grandmother.It was Mariah's daughter, Ida Frances Bramlette, who wrote the book. I believe the title is "From Rattlesnakes to Road Agents: Rough Times on the Frio." I would appreciate any info you may have on JW Thomas. You may contact me at the following e-mail address: cliftongal51@cox.net. Thanks and I hope to hear back. Regards, Phyllis Cochran
per page

Find a board about a specific topic