Search for content in message boards

Roberts

Posted: 10 Dec 2011 2:46AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Roberts
Searching for any information for the father of Graham Roberts(Birth 1883, Death abt. 1965). I have been told his father's name was James. His mother's name was India. Graham lived in Virginia and moved to Tennessee at an early age with his mother and step father John Taylor. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Roberts

Posted: 10 Dec 2011 3:19AM GMT
If you search on www.familysearch.org There is a Graham Roberts in the 1910 and 1920 census for Abingdon, Washington County, Virginia. He is living with his Step father and his Mother, John C. Young and India Young. Graham appears in the 1920 and 1930 censuses in Meigs County Tennessee with his wife.
Do you know India's maiden name? That might help locate her marriage to Graham's father.

Posted: 10 Dec 2011 3:23AM GMT
Her maiden name was Young. My grandfather actually remembers a little about her.

Posted: 10 Dec 2011 3:31AM GMT
The Familysearch website also has Tennessee death transcriptions, and it says India's father was Charles Taylor. She appears to be living with him and her sister Louise in Rich Valley, Smyth County VA in 1880.
In the Virginia death index, there are two likely James Roberts, one who died in Smyth County, and one in Washington County.

Posted: 10 Dec 2011 3:32AM GMT
Thank you very much.
Posted: 10 Dec 2011 4:29AM GMT
According to the SS Death Index, he died in February 1965 in Tennessee. Have you ordered a copy of his death certificate? If the informant knew his father's name, it should be on the certificate.
Posted: 10 Dec 2011 4:32AM GMT
And I don't know if you know this or not, but he, his wife, and 2 of his children have memorials on Find a Grave. His is here; you can click on his family members' names to get to their memorials:

tinyurl.com/GrahamRobertsSr

Posted: 10 Dec 2011 4:39AM GMT
Thank you for the info.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions