Search for content in message boards

ELLIOTT, St. Elizabeth, Jamaica

ELLIOTT, St. Elizabeth, Jamaica

Robin Downie (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jun 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Seeking information on the Elliott family of St. Elizabeth, Jamaica. Of special interest: Thomas Elliott, Esq. and wife Sarah Euston. (1770-1820) Thomas and wife left Jamaica in 1809 for Aberdeen, Scotland. Thomas left land in Ballard's Valley for his mulatto childern, including sons David and Henry. Family was not from Aberdeen. Looking for any information where they may have originated from.

I share your search

Michel Elliott (View posts)
Posted: 26 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Dear Elliott's,
I am also an Elliott from Ballard's Valley in St Elizabeth, Jamaica. I have heard different stories about where my ancesters originated, but I am still not able to get any facts about our family tree. I am presently in college and doing a reasearch on my bankground, this is one of my reasons for searching. The Elliott's in Ballards Valley are all related, we are a very big family, I bet you are related to us also. My father's name was Dudley Elliott, every one called him Mass Wintie, he had a brother named Sam Elliott, and another one named David, he also had afew sisters two of which died before I was born, I only met one of my aunts her name was Ada Jones. I hope you will take the time to email me, I am very anxious to hear from you.

Michel Elliott

Re: ELLIOTT, St. Elizabeth, Jamaica

Margarita Ashman (View posts)
Posted: 1 Aug 2001 3:59AM GMT
My grandmother mother was Edith Elliott from St Elizabeth, Jamaica

Re: I share your search

Posted: 1 Aug 2001 4:03AM GMT
Surnames: Elliott
My grandmother's mother was Edih Elliott from St. Elizabeth, Jamaica, try to lookup information.

Posted: 22 Jun 2002 12:43AM GMT
Edited: 26 May 2003 6:35PM GMT
Hello,
I just saw your message and I was wondering if there is a relation with us. My grandmother was Grace Ashman Wilson who was raised in goshen in jamaica. If you know of any information please reply. I have no other information on her father than his last name.

Kind Regards,
Michelle Wilson

Posted: 23 Jun 2002 3:54AM GMT
Hi Michelle

The only information I have of the Ashman is that my father was borned in Manchester, Jamaica W.I.

Cheers

Margarita

Posted: 30 Jan 2003 5:32PM GMT
I have heard that some of my ancestors are from Ballard's Valley.. In particular I am looking for any information on my grandfather, Hicksford Elliott, who from his picture was obviously mixed with Scottish/Irish. He was a very handsome man, who married an American, Delores Deveroux. He died decades ago in the Eastern US.

Posted: 30 Jan 2003 5:33PM GMT
I have heard that some of my ancestors are from Ballard's Valley.. In particular I am looking for any information on my grandfather, Hicksford Elliott, who from his picture was obviously mixed with Scottish/Irish. He was a very handsome man, who married an American, Delores Deveroux. He died decades ago in the Eastern US.

Robin (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jan 2003 7:03AM GMT
I have an Uncle named Hixford Elliott!!!! When was your Grandfather born?

You can write to me at robindownie@comcast.net

Posted: 27 Mar 2009 5:21PM GMT
Surnames: elliott
iam also a elliott from kinston. my dad richard was name for his grandfather from scotlan. there were 4 brother that came over from scotland.where they all went to st,elizebeth. richard,duncan and robert, i dont rember the other name. my great grand father richard migrate to kingston from st.elizebth he had three son levi,my grandfather, george and duncan and robert not too sure about that name gotta check with my dad.if anything that i write sound familar. email me back,my dad has lots of info.he also live in kinston.i have met afew from st.elizebth and we have the same resemblance.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions