Search for content in message boards

William Sherfey Ledbetter/Katherine Frances Barrett

William Sherfey Ledbetter/Katherine Frances Barrett

Jean McKillip (View posts)
Posted: 31 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ledbetter, Barrett, Meek, Hicks, Skelton, Crawford, McCracken
Looking for info re: WIlliam Sherfey Ledbetter & Katherine Frances Barrett.William was the Bondsman at the marriage of my g-gparents in 1882 John David McCracken & Amanda Barrett. Amanda b. 1867 was a sister, to Katherine Frances Barrett b. 1865. William was also the husband of Katherine Frances Barrett. Amanda & Katherine Frances was the dau of John Barrett & Catherine F. Meek Barrett. John Barrett was the son of Pleasant Barrett & Catherine Crawford. Catherine F. Meek Barrett was the dau of Jesse Meek son of Joseph Meek of Glade Spring Washington Co. Va. Jesse Meek was marr to Frances [Fannie] Hughes marr 1800. Katherine Frances Barrett was named for her mother & grandmother. I am assuming that Amanda [poss Jane] Barrett was named for Amanda Jane Meek the sister of Frances Hughes. Any help at all re: any of this line of my family is appreciated. Thanks, Jean pjmckillip@hotmail.com

Re: William Sherfey Ledbetter/Katherine Frances Barrett

Melissa (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jun 2005 4:07AM GMT
Do you know where Katherine Barrett and Amanda are buried?

jeanie mckillip (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jun 2005 6:11PM GMT
Amanda Barrett McCracken is buried at McPheeters Bend Cemetery, Hawkins Co., TN. I do have the info on Katherine and tmany other Barretts. AManda married was my g-gm married John David McCracken. e mail me directly I will share, pjmckillip@hotmail.com

Posted: 11 Jan 2011 6:59AM GMT
Surnames: Barrett/McCracken
Amanda is buried at McPheters Bend Cemetary in Churchill, TN. She is buried with her husband David McCracken. It is my understanding that they donated the land for the cemetary. They were my maternal ggparents. I am doing a search on them right now. If you need any further info, I will be happy to oblige in any way possible and hopefully you can share some info on th Barretts for me.

Thank you, Sherrie King

Posted: 11 Feb 2013 1:53AM GMT
,His middle name is Starks not Sherfey , Sherfey was his son
William Starks Ledbetter was my great grandfather

Doug overmountainman@earthlink.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions