Search for content in message boards

Ancestor record

Ancestor record

Posted: 13 Oct 2004 3:54AM GMT
Classification: Birth
Surnames: De Voley
I am looking for information about my grandmother. She was born in Samoa in 1889 then moved to New Zealand where she married John Wyatt, a British Seaman in 1912. I have her name as Isobel (Bella) De Voley (Devolie). This is all of the information I have and would appreciate any help anyone can give me.

DEVOLIE / WYATT

Posted: 8 Dec 2007 6:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: DEVOLIE, WYATT
Talofa/Hello:

Since I'm unable to find the surname DEVOLIE (and variants/spellings) that I can think of, I am going to post with New Zealand and maybe someone can come up with John WYATT and Family there.

Do you know where John WYATT originates? He is a British subject... British Seaman... I'll try another route.

Let us know if you've new/good discoveries regarding your journey.

Fa'afetai/Thanks!

Manuia/Regards,
--Manaia

Re: Ancestor record

Posted: 21 Jan 2008 5:15PM GMT
Year 1912
Folio 5434
Surname DEVOLEY
Given Names Bella Baron
Sex F
Spouse WYATT

Year 1912
Folio 5434
Surname WYATT
Given Names John James
Sex M
Spouse DEVOLEY

If you contact the Registrar of Marriages, Dept of Internal Affairs, NZ you can buy a copy of the marriage registration, which may give more details.

Posted: 21 Jan 2008 5:24PM GMT
There is also a Bella Wyatt dying in 1916, aged 27, which fits your dates
Source Auckland City Library
Record Type B/R
Year of Death 1916
Surname WYATT
Given Names Bella
Age 27
Location Waikaraka Cemetery

Name WYATT, BELLA
Details F: died 07-07-1916: aged 27
Place Waikaraka
Location Area 3 Block 6 Lot No 66/72
53 feet & 9 inches FROM ROAD

Re: DEVOLIE / WYATT

Posted: 24 Jan 2008 7:07PM GMT
Surnames: Devoley, Wyatt
I believe John Wyatt was born in Bradford England and on the Marriage License it lists his occupation as Railway Servant. It has his mother's name as Maria Wyatt, maiden name Hellier. He and Bella were married on July 20, 1912 at St James Manse in Auckland. Her name is listed as Bella Baron Devoley.
Thanks for any info you can provide.

Posted: 24 Jan 2008 7:10PM GMT
Interesting, since my mother, Beatrice Wyatt was born on June 24, 1916 and was raised under the guardianship of a woman I knew as my grandmother. Her name was Lily Luscomb and I believe she was from England.

Thanks for your info. I appreciate the help.

Re: DEVOLIE / WYATT

Posted: 4 May 2008 7:02AM GMT
My Grandmother was Bella Baron Devoley who was married to John James Wyatt of Bradford England. I have been trying to get more information about his date and place of death as well as more info about Bella. All I have on John is his birthdate, birthplace and ancestors and their marriage license which shows him as a seaman. Their daughter, Beatrice was my mother.

Any help would be appreciated

Posted: 17 Dec 2013 4:32PM GMT
Surnames: DeVoley
Hey I do not really have any information and as much as I would like to know more about my dads side of the family, we were never really close. my name is Dawn Devoley and my fathers name is Henry Devoley. my paternal grandparents died before I was born and I am sad to say I do not know their names. All I know is the name is french and the original spelling is DeVoley. I just wanted to say "hi" to a possible distant relativr, that is if you still read this post even.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic