Search for content in message boards

MALU

MALU

Moe Laulu (View posts)
Posted: 23 Oct 2001 7:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Jul 2005 4:57AM GMT
Surnames: Lagaaia, Laulu, Luka, Malu, Williams
I'm looking for my grt.-grand father Maru (Malu)Amaru. He's a Tahitian, arrived in Sapapali'i Savai'ii Samoa abt.1830. He is one of the 8 teachers Revr. John Williams brought with him fromTahiti, to helped spread the LMS church in Samoa. Some of the teachers returned, but Malu (Maru) didn't.
Maru married Finau Luka, a daughter of Leilua & Niupopo of Manono. Their only son was named after him, Malu IIMaru). He was later known as Tauvao Malu, a Samoan title name in the villiage of Faaala Savai'i. Tauvao Malu married Fa'ataualofa Aualiitia, daughter of Ma A. & Afaisola Lagaaia. Tauvao Malu died abt. 1885. He also have 1 son which is my father, Laulu Tulali of Faaala Savai'i.
If anyone knows any kind of information about these early Polynesian Pioneers, please be kindly send to my email above.
Fa'afetai tele lava.
Moe

+
Posted: 25 Jul 2004 9:18PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jul 2005 4:57AM GMT
Surnames: Tahui, Lagi
Talofa:

Did he arrive on the ship 'Endeavor'? Am also searching for ancestor from Tahiti; supposedly shipwrecked on Savaii during that time. Tahui met a woman, Lagi, from Manua; matai title SAVEA; had last child, Ana, back on Savaii.

Manuia le aso,

Re: MALU

Posted: 22 Oct 2009 5:43AM GMT
hey there Im trying to find my great grandmother's family which there may be some conncection. My great grandmothers name was Tulai Tauvao also from fa'ala savaii, she married my great grandfather Taovale Mulitalo from saluafata, so im trying to actually trace her side as well as my greatgrandfather's side ....hopefully i can get some help..
thanks
Posted: 28 Nov 2009 11:54PM GMT
Surnames: Mulitalo, Meafou
Hi not sure if we are connected or not but also trying to trace my father's line from Saluafata - Faletui Mulitalo was his father and Emma was his mother.His grandmother's name was Meafou. Would appreciate any info.
Cheers Chloe.
Posted: 29 Apr 2013 8:08AM GMT
chloeekman591.. i was browsing through the net and came across this.. I know abit about Faletui Mulitalo (matai name mulitalo) and his wife Ema Tupai who was from the village lufilufi. and yes faletui's mother's name was Meafou.. anyways Im pretty sure we are related...

Posted: 7 Jun 2013 9:05PM GMT
Hi Angel2819, sorry about the delay - I haven't been on Ancestry for a while. It does sound like we are related and I am pleased to meet you. Please feel free to email me at: chloespeak@xtra.co.nz

Cheers Chloe
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions