Search for content in message boards

Arsenault from Tracadie, NB

Arsenault from Tracadie, NB

Posted: 17 Jan 2007 9:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm looking for any information on my husbands uncle, Andre Arsenault. WWI Registration says he was in Lewiston, ME in 1917. Family stories say he died in Arizona or western US by Indians, but cannot find death certificate. He was born on July 8, 1889 in Tracadie, NB, Canada, son of Canute & Osite Arsenault (Arseneau).

Barbara Arsenault
Manchester, MA

Re: Arsenault from Tracadie, NB

Posted: 18 Jan 2007 11:06AM GMT
Only have him born on the 7 and not the 8 July 1889, Lowell
secondenation.com

Posted: 18 Jan 2007 2:50PM GMT
Hello Barbara,

I almost read your location as Manchester,NH but you are in MA, well I am close by to either in Dracut, MA.

I found the draft registration card and it has André's birth day as July 7 1890 in Tracadie, New Brusnwick. I assume this is who you are looking for. Yes he was living in Lewiston, ME in 1917.

Do you know if he is the same Andre who married a Savoie in Rumford, ME in about 1920?

Also of note is Andre did sign his name Arsaneau on that registration card.

Unfortunately where he was born in 1890. He might not of ever recieved a Social Security Number.

The 1901 Canada Census has

Caniste, Osite, parents, and André with July 7 1889 birth, Francaise, Albert and Margurite as sons and daughters.

At that Time they were in Saumarez, in Gloucester county, New Brunswick, i do not have a map in front of me but Tracadie is also in Gloucester county..

Do any of these names fit in with what you know about André?

I have not been able to figure out which Andre on the 1920 or 1930 census is your unless he is married to Caroline Savoie married on 12 august 1929 in rumford, Maine?

Best Regards,
Marcel Jussaume
PS my paternal grandmother was an Arsenault
marcelj@comcast.net

Best Regards,

Posted: 19 Jan 2007 11:24PM GMT
Thank you for the reply -- yes Andre is the son of Canute & Osite showing on the Canadian Census -- my husbands father was Francis and his uncle was Albert and aunt Margaret. I know the year of his birth is wrong, since my husband's father was born in 1890 (August 2) in Tracadie. We met the cousins about 5 years ago, but everyone is curious about what happened to Andre. The Arsenault name is spelled so many different ways, that it doesn't seem to be an issue.

We don't know if Andre married or not, since the two photos I have of him are by himself. He was reported to have been killed by Indians (or bears) someplace out west (Arizona or New Mexico), but there is no record of a death for him. Anything else you find would be appreciated.

Barbara

Posted: 19 Jan 2007 11:28PM GMT
Thank you for the reply -- his date of birth is July 7, 1889 according to his birth certificate. I'm looking for a date and place of death or a marriage or anything. The family knew that he left Canada for the States, but never heard anything from him again. His brother, Francis (my husband's father) came to the states as well, but we don't know if he came with Andre, since he settled here in Manchester, MA and married my mother-in-law about 1931. He since has died in Florida (1969).

Any other information that you may come across regarding Andre would be appreciated.

Posted: 28 Jan 2007 9:03PM GMT
Surnames: Arseneau
CANUTE7 ARSENEAU (CANUTE6 ARSENAULT, JEAN-BAPTISTE5, JEAN-BAPTISTE4, VINCENT3, CHARLES2, PIERRE1) was born 11 Mar 1866 in New Brunswick, Canada, and died in Tracadie, New Brunswick, Canada. He married MARIE-OSITE LOSIER 03 Oct 1887 in Tracadie, New Brunswick, Canada. She was born 11 Feb 1859 in New Brunswick, Canada.
Notes for CANUTE ARSENEAU:
1901 Census of Canada
Name: Caniste (Canute)Arseneau
Birth Date: 11 Mar 1866, Birthplace: New Brunswick
Relation to Head of House: Chef (Head), Racial or Tribal Origin: French
Nationality: Canadian, Religion: Roman Catholic, Occupation: Cultivatier
Province: New Brunswick, District: Gloucester, District Number: 16
Sub-District: Saumarez, Sub-District Number: H-2, Family Number: 133, Page: 17
Household Members: Name Age
Caniste Arseneau 34
More About CANUTE ARSENEAU and MARIE-OSITE LOSIER:
Marriage: 03 Oct 1887, Tracadie, New Brunswick, Canada
Children of CANUTE ARSENEAU and MARIE-OSITE LOSIER are:
i. JOSEPH-ANDRÉ8 ARSENEAU, b. 07 Jul 1889, Tracadie, New Brunswick, Canada; d. United States.
Notes for JOSEPH-ANDRÉ ARSENEAU:
1911 Census of Canada
Name: Joseph Andrie Arseneau
Birth Date: 1890, Birthplace: New Brunswick
Family Number: 110, Relation to Head of House: Fils (Son)
Father's name: Camith (Canute), Mother's name: Marie Onte (Osite)
Province: New Brunswick, District: Gloucester, District Number: 27
Sub-District: Saumarez Parish, Losier Settlement, Sub-District Number: 27
Place of Habitation: Tracadie, Census Year: 1911, Page: 15, Tribal: French
Household Members: Name Age
Camith Arseneau 48, Marie Onte Arseneau 50
Joseph Andrie Arseneau 21, Joseph Francois Arseneau 20
Albert Arseneau 19, Marguerite Marie Arseneau 16
2. ii. JOSEPH-FRANCIS ARSENEAU, b. 02 Aug 1890, Tracadie, New Brunswick, Canada; d. 16 Jun 1969, Daytona Beach, FL.
3. iii. JOSEPH-ALBERT ARSENEAU, b. 28 Mar 1892, Tracadie, New Brunswick, Canada.
iv. MARGUERITE ARSENEAU, b. 08 Apr 1894, Tracadie, New Brunswick, Canada.
v. JOSEPH-GILBERT ARSENEAU, b. 08 Apr 1894, Tracadie, New Brunswick, Canada.
vi. WILLIAM JOSEPH ARSENEAU, b. 16 May 1900, Tracadie, New Brunswick, Canada.
Generation No. 2
2. JOSEPH-FRANCIS8 ARSENEAU (CANUTE7, CANUTE6 ARSENAULT, JEAN-BAPTISTE5, JEAN-BAPTISTE4, VINCENT3, CHARLES2, PIERRE1) was born 02 Aug 1890 in Tracadie, New Brunswick, Canada, and died 16 Jun 1969 in Daytona Beach, FL. He married (1) MARGARET-MAY ISRAEL 08 Aug 1931 in Portsmouth, NH. She was born Abt. 1906. He married (2) MARJORIE ARSENAULT 1945 in Portsmouth, NH. She was born Abt. 1900.
Notes for JOSEPH-FRANCIS ARSENEAU:
1911 Census of Canada, Page: 15
Name: Joseph Francois Arseneau
Gender: Male, Marital Status: Single, Age: 20, Birth Date: Aug 1891, Birthplace: New Brunswick, Family Number: 110, Relation to Head of House: Fils (Son)
Father's name: Camith (Canute), Mother's name: Marie Onte (Osite), Tribal: French
Province: New Brunswick, District: Gloucester, District Number: 27, Sub-District: Saumarez Parish, Losier Settlement, Sub-District Number: 27, Place of Habitation: Tracadie
Household Members: Name Age, Census Year: 1911,
Camith Arseneau 48, Marie Onte Arseneau 50
Joseph Andrie Arseneau 21, Joseph Francois Arseneau 20
Albert Arseneau 19, Marguerite Marie Arseneau 16
More About JOSEPH-FRANCIS ARSENEAU and MARGARET-MAY ISRAEL:
Marriage: 08 Aug 1931, Portsmouth, NH
More About JOSEPH-FRANCIS ARSENEAU and MARJORIE ARSENAULT:
Marriage: 1945, Portsmouth, NH
Child of JOSEPH-FRANCIS ARSENEAU and MARGARET-MAY ISRAEL is:
i. FRANCIS-LLEWELLYN9 ARSENEAU, b. 19 Sep 1933, Salem, MA; m. BARBARA-LYNN DOWER, 11 Jul 1968, Guilford, CT; b. Abt. 1943.
More About FRANCIS-LLEWELLYN ARSENEAU and BARBARA-LYNN DOWER:
Marriage: 11 Jul 1968, Guilford, CT
3. JOSEPH-ALBERT8 ARSENEAU (CANUTE7, CANUTE6 ARSENAULT, JEAN-BAPTISTE5, JEAN-BAPTISTE4, VINCENT3, CHARLES2, PIERRE1) was born 28 Mar 1892 in Tracadie, New Brunswick, Canada. He married LEONORE-LAURA LOSIER 04 Nov 1930 in St-Isidore, New Brunswick. She was born Abt. 1901 in New Brunswick, and died 28 Oct 1989 in St-Jean, New Brunswick.
More About JOSEPH-ALBERT ARSENEAU and LEONORE-LAURA LOSIER:
Marriage: 04 Nov 1930, St-Isidore, New Brunswick
Children of JOSEPH-ALBERT ARSENEAU and LEONORE-LAURA LOSIER are:
i. HENRI9 ARSENEAU, b. Abt. 1935, New Brunswick.
ii. CARRIE ARSENEAU, b. Abt. 1937, New Brunswick; m. BERTH BRIDEAU; b. Abt. 1935.
iii. EVELYN ARSENEAU, b. Abt. 1939, New Brunswick; m. Y. CAMRON; b. Abt. 1937.
iv. ALBERTINE ARSENEAU, b. Abt. 1941, New Brunswick; m. DONALD MURPHY

Posted: 10 Mar 2010 1:08PM GMT
Hi there! I'm writing because my mother and I are looking for family and I guess this is the best place to start? My great grandmothers name was Mary Arsenault and she was from Tracadie, New Brunswick. She married a Joseph Landry and in turn, gave birth to my grandmother and her brothers and sisters. My grandmothers name was Lucie Anna Landry, she married a man by the name of Joseph Emile Parisien and they resided in Salem, Massachusetts. None the less, I would love to find my relatives. So, if this is the same family (my mother said all the Arsenaults of Tracadie were all related...lol) than I would love to get into contact with some of you! Thank you so much for your time!

Posted: 10 Mar 2010 5:44PM GMT
Surnames: Landry, Parisien
Descendants of Marie Arsenault
Generation No. 1
1. MARIE7 ARSENAULT (JOËL JULES6, JOSEPH5, ÉTIENNE-VINCENT4, VINCENT3, CHARLES2, PIERRE1) was born Abt. 1867 in Inkerman, Gloucester County, New Brunswick, Canada, and died Aft. 1930 in Salem, Essex County, Massachusetts, USA. She married GUILLAUME JOSEPH A. LANDRY 09 Jan 1887 in Pokemouche-en-Haut, New Brunswick, Canada, son of LUCAS LANDRY and VÉNÉRANDE LAPLANTE. He was born Abt. 1865 in New Brunswick, Canada, and died Bef. 1920 in Salem, Essex County, Massachusetts, USA.
Notes for GUILLAUME JOSEPH A. LANDRY:
Joseph A Lendey [Joseph A Landry] (10 May) 1910 United States Federal Census, Race: White, Gender: Male, Age in 1910: 44, Estimated birth year: abt 1866, Birthplace: Canada French, Father's Birth Place: Canada French, Mother's Birth Place: Canada French, Year of Immigration: 1885, Occupation: Contractor Carpenter, Home in 1910: Rumford, Oxford, Maine, Relation to Head of House: Head, Marital Status: Married, Spouse's name: Mary, (They had 5 Children - 5 lived til 1910), Household Members: Name Age: Joseph A Lendey 44 & Mary Lendey 44, Children: Edgar Lendey 8, Albertina Lendey 6, Lionel Lendey 5, James Lendey 4, Luciana Lendey 1 5/12. [Sheet 57A, District 1-205, Line 41]
Mary J Landry, (7 January) 1920 United States Federal Census, Race: White, Able to read: Yes, Able to Write: Yes, Age: 53 years, Estimated birth year: abt 1867, Birthplace: Canada, Father's Birth Place: Canada, Mother's Birth Place: Canada, Year of Immigration: 1902, Home in 1920: 35 North Street, Salem Ward 4, Essex, Massachusetts, Home owned: Rent, Relation to Head of House: Head, Marital Status: Widow, Household Members: Name Age: Mary J Landry 53, Edgar Landry 17, Albertine Landry 16, Lionel Landry 15, James E Landry 13, Lucianna Landry 11 [Image: 6, Sheet 2B, District 5-267, Line 96-43-55]
Mary Landry (4 April) 1930 United States Federal Census, Race: White, Age: 64, Estimated birth year: abt 1866, Birthplace: Canada, Parents' birthplace: Canada, Home in 1930: 31 Salem Street, Salem, Essex, Massachusetts, Relation to Head of Family, Age at first marriage: N/A, Widowed, Household Members: Name Age: Mary Landry 64, Albertine Landry 26, Lucienna Landry 21. [Sheet 5A, District 5-262-7, Line 26-83]
Marriage Notes for MARIE ARSENAULT and GUILLAUME LANDRY:
Acadia, Canada, Vital and Church Records (Drouin Collection), 1670-1946
Guillaume Landry, Spouse: Marie Arseneault, Event Year: 1843-1899, Event: Mariage (Marriage), Religion: Catholique, Place of Worship or Institution: Pokemouche-en-Haut, Province: Acadie (Nova Scotia and New Brunswick) (New Brunswick).
More About GUILLAUME LANDRY and MARIE ARSENAULT:
Marriage: 09 Jan 1887, Pokemouche-en-Haut, New Brunswick, Canada
Children of MARIE ARSENAULT and GUILLAUME LANDRY are:
i. EDHAR8 LANDRY, b. Abt. 1902, New Brunswick, Canada.
ii. ALBERTINA LANDRY, b. Abt. 1904, Rumford, Oxford County, Maine, USA.
iii. LIONEL LANDRY, b. Abt. 1905, Rumford, Oxford County, Maine, USA.
iv. JAMES E. LANDRY, b. Abt. 1907, Rumford, Oxford County, Maine, USA.
v. LUCIANNA LANDRY, b. Abt. 1909, Rumford, Oxford County, Maine, USA; m. JOSEPH EMILE PARISIEN; b. Abt. 1907, Salem, Essex County, Massachusetts, USA.
Notes for LUCIANNA LANDRY:
Lucienna Landry, (4 April)1930 United States Federal Census, Race: White, Age: 21, Estimated birth year: abt 1909, Birthplace: Canada ?, Home in 1930: 31 Salem Street, Salem, Essex, Massachusetts, Relation to Head of House: Daughter, Parent's Name: Mary, Occupation: private Family Servant.
Notes for JOSEPH EMILE PARISIEN:
Elie Parisien, 1910 United States Federal Census, Race: White, Gender: Male, Age in 1910: 33, Estimated birth year: abt 1877, Birthplace: Canada French, Father's Birth Place: Canada French, Mother's Birth Place: Canada French, Year of Immigration: 1893, Home in 1910: Salem Ward 5, Essex, Massachusetts, Relation to Head of House: Head, Marital Status: Married, Spouse's name: Georgianna, Household Members: Name Age: Elie Parisien 33 & Georgianna Parisien 29, Children: Henry Parisien 5, Emile Parisien 4, Arthur Parisien 2, Edmund Parisien 1 8s/12, Mary J Parisien 3/12 months.
Social Security Death Index
Emile Parisien, SSN: 016-07-7999, Born: 19 Mar 1906, Died: Oct 1985, Last Residence: 01970 Salem, Essex, Massachusetts, United States of America, State (Year) SSN issued: Massachusetts (Before 1951).
If you disagree with any of this information, Please reply.

Posted: 11 Mar 2010 12:09PM GMT
Thank you so much!! That is my family! Unfortunately, none of my grandmother, or grandfathers brothers and sisters are alive that I know of. But, it's nice to know that we can look into things further, and that I was looking at the right persons. Thank you again! You've been a great help!

Posted: 4 Jan 2011 12:49PM GMT
my name is pete arsenault. i was born in amsterdam ny 1985. my father is donald arsenault also born in ny in 1953. his father, my grandfather was born in tracadie NB in 1905 and came to the us in the 20's. im interested in finding some of my family as well,
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions