Search for content in message boards

BOTSFORD

BOTSFORD

Robert K. Salin (View posts)
Posted: 22 Aug 2004 10:51AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Apr 2005 10:29PM GMT
Surnames: BOTSFORD, Hatch
Seeking info, Lois (or Louisa) and Mary L.(or Merah L.) Botsford, believed to have origins in Greene County, NY. Lois, b abt 1814, married Charles B. Hatch, 1840 and had large family in Ottawa County, Michigan. Mary L.(Merah L.), a physician, b abt 1829, also removed to Michigan, probably unmarried. Both died in Michigan. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Will exchange. Thank you, Robert K. Salin

Re: BOTSFORD

Posted: 12 Mar 2010 5:55AM GMT
Edited: 12 Mar 2010 2:36PM GMT
Surnames: Botsford
My name is Julia Ferris, and I found a posting on-line from you asking for information on Lois Botsford. I don't really have any information, but I believe that she is my Great Great Great Grandmother. I didn't know her maiden name until I found your posting.

I would be interested to know any other information you have, and I was wondering about your interest.

Thank you,

Julia Ferris

Posted: 14 Mar 2010 1:12AM GMT
Edited: 14 Mar 2010 2:24PM GMT
Surnames: Botsford, Hatch
Hi, I'm a Botsford always looking for leads into my family and when I can help others I do. So far see no tie into this Lois Botsford--Charles B Hatch, but know of some data that you might be interested in. Need E-mail address so I can send copies of data as I collect them for you. It is up to you.

Robert J. Botsford----- rbotsford@q.com

Re: BOTSFORD / HATCH

Posted: 15 Mar 2010 5:49PM GMT
Edited: 16 Mar 2010 9:19PM GMT
Surnames: BOTSFORD, HATCH
I show an Ephraim Bennett Botsford (1.1.12.3.3.6.) b. 1784 in Sharon, CT., d. in Arcade, N.Y. in 1858, m. Ruth Hatch, b. in Vermont, abt. 1789, d. in Arcade, N.Y. 1855; RES.: Arcade, Wyoming Co., N.Y. (History of Orleans County, N.Y.)
Children : 1. Alvah H. Botsford 2. Ozro Doud Botsford 3. Lois Botsford (Twin) b. 1815, m. Charles Hatch 4. Louise Botsford (Twin) 5. Dulena Botsford 6. Barnabas Botsford 7. Alban B. Botsford 8. Merib Botsford.
MO FURTHER INFORMATION

Posted: 17 Mar 2010 2:06AM GMT
Edited: 17 Mar 2010 12:54PM GMT
Thank you for the info. From what line of the Botsfords is Ephraim descended? Also, Lois Botsford is listed with her family on the 1850, 1870, and 1880 Censuses, but on the 1860 census, Louisa id listed. Are you certain that they are not the same person?

Thanks again.

Posted: 17 Mar 2010 3:23AM GMT
Edited: 17 Mar 2010 12:54PM GMT
Hi Julia ! I am one of the Assistant Genealogists for the Botsford Family Historical Association, located in Milford, CT. I help when I can, The information I gave to you is taken directly from The Line of Joseph Botsford 1.1.12. Genealogy. Lois and Louisa are listed as twins, b. 1815. M. Stephen Botsford

Posted: 31 Jul 2010 6:28AM GMT
Surnames: Botsford, Hatch, Leahey
Hello, Julie. I haven't received an alert but I am happy to have stumbled on your response to my query of 22 August, 2004. Lois Botsford Hatch (1815-after 1880) was the great grandmother of my wife Sarah Jane Leahey (1924-2007). In 2004 I received some helpful information from M.Stephen Botsford who identifies himself as the assistant genealogist of the Botsford Historical Association and I see he also responded to your recent query. I don't have a record of what I have sent him but with a mailing address I can send you a descendancy chart which may extend what he provided you. Regards, Bob Salin

Posted: 23 Jan 2011 9:18PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jan 2011 3:01PM GMT
Hello, Bob
I saw your response regarding Lois Botsford posted 7/31/10. The Marne United Methodist Church will be celebrating its' Sesquicentennial next year and according to a recently discovered diary that chronicles the life of Lois' family, she started the Sunday school class that became the Berlin Methodist Episcopal Church. We have been searching heaven (no pun intended) and earth to find a picture of Lois (at any age) to add to the churches history. Would you be aware of any such picture, and, if so, would you be able to provide a copy of this picture? We will be happy to reimburse you for the cost.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide. It would be greatly appreciated.

Nancy Vannoller

Posted: 24 Jan 2011 3:02AM GMT
Edited: 24 Jan 2011 3:01PM GMT
Hello, I believe you have the wrong Bob, Nancy. Steve Botsford is the right person to help you out. If you send me your private email address, I will give you Stephen's email address. Good hunting!! Diane Whelan

Posted: 24 Jan 2011 5:55AM GMT
Surnames: Botsford, Leahey
Hello, Nancy
Lois Botsford was great grandmother of my wife, Sarah Jane Leahey (deceased). I regret that I have no pictures of her or personal possessions.
Best wishes, Bob Salin
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions