Search for content in message boards

David Holsinger and Anna Winebrenner

David Holsinger and Anna Winebrenner

Posted: 11 Oct 2011 6:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Holsinger winebrenner
David Holsinger and Anna Winebrenner of Eckhart, MD are my 2nd Great Grandparents. David was apparently born in 1842 near Harrisonburg, VA but relocated to Allegany County, MD during the Civil War. Looking for information on David, confirmation his parents were John L Holsinger and Elizabeth Sheets of Rockingham County, VA and if David was a CSA veteran.

Re: David Holsinger and Anna Winebrenner

Posted: 2 Dec 2012 1:18AM GMT
Surnames: Holsinger, Sheets
I found a Public Tree "Chathams - Spitzers - Hudsons - Wisners - And Related Families. The tree has pictures of gravestones for John L Holsinger and Elizabeth Holsinger which they attach to Elizabeth "Sheets" Holsinger. The tree has a son David for them, but has him dieing in the Civil War at Cold Harbor. Ancestry records I have found confirm that a David Holsinger from Rockingham, Virginia died at Cold Harbor. I searched a lot on ancestry.com and didn't find any records that were helpful. Rootsweb did not help either. The only idea I have relates to an 1860 census from Shenandoah, Virginia where a David Holsinger age 17 with (presumably) a sister age 15 are in a household whose head was Jacob Good. Perhaps their parents had died keeping us from tracking them with later records. I am going to search some more on the internet, but I doubt it will be helpful. There are many David Holsingers in the Civil War records. Some of the Confederate units with a David Holsinger (besides the one who died) were 58th Militia, 33rd Infantry, 3rd Infantry, 9th Infantry, and 10th Cavalry. I don't remember seeing any David Holsingers in the Union army. Most likely our David fought in the war, but I can't be certain.

Re: David Holsinger and Anna Winebrenner

Posted: 10 Dec 2013 6:09PM GMT
I have David Holsinger b. 5 Jan 1841, d. 27 Aug 1897.
He married Anna Elizabeth Winebrenner (dau of Isaac & Nancy Barnard Winebrenner) 31 Aug 1865. She was born 24 Dec 1843, d. 2 May 1877.
Both are buried in Porter Cem Allegany Co., MD.
I have two sons for them
William J. (no further info)
John A. b 3 Oct 1869 d. 6 Nov 1906 buried in Porter
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions