Search for content in message boards

Mannix, Maurice and Patrick

Mannix, Maurice and Patrick

Gary Mannix (View posts)
Posted: 2 Dec 2002 5:41AM GMT
Classification: Query
Another message with additional info about Maurice and Patrick Mannix. Original posting was on 18 Jan 2001. Maurice Mannix and Margaret (possibly her maiden name was DOWD) had at least one son, Patrick (my ggrandfather – born 1845 in Ireland). Patrick came to the United State in the early to mid 1860’s. Patrick married Catherine HARRINGTON GREEN on Nov. 26, 1871. It looks like Catherine’s real father was Phillip Green and her step father was Jerry Harrington. Catherine was born Jan 6, 1851 in County Cork, Ireland. Patrick and Catherine had 9 children. Margaret, James Patrick, Mary Ella, John, Daniel (my grandfather), Thomas, Johana Josephine, Catherine, and Frank James. Any help with Patrick or Catherine’s siblings and Maurice and Margaret’s siblings and/or parents would be appreciated.

Gary Mannix
gmannix@in-tch.com or
gmannix@mtech.edu

Re: Mannix, Maurice and Patrick

salli argall (View posts)
Posted: 13 Dec 2002 11:58AM GMT
Hi Gary. My gg grandfather whom was James Mannix must be your Patricks brother as his Father was Maurice and Mother was Margaret ODowd. I have information on James whom was born around 1834. If you would like it, please feel free to contact me.

Posted: 5 Dec 2006 1:56PM GMT
Surnames: Mannix
Hi, i was reading your post and noticed that a magority of what you have written i have in my family tree book. It says that Maurice Mannix & Margaret Dowd had only 1 son (that is known) by the name of James Mannix b. 1834 County Kerry, Ireland d.25 Nov 1909. He married Johanna Finnaughty had 15 children. Margaret, Mary, Maurice, Ellen, Michael, Annie, James, Patrick, Bridget, Thomas, Sarah, Catherine, Julia, John & Dennis.
James & Johanna, originally from Firies Cross Co Kerry, Ireland, left liverpool in 1863. I hope this was helpful & i would love to know anything else that you do.

Posted: 5 Sep 2007 11:11AM GMT
I have just revisited the Ancestry site and noted your reply to Salli?
I am also descended from James and Johanna.
Their youngest son Denis was my grandfather.
Please contact for exchange of info.

Regards,

Terry Mannix

Posted: 18 Mar 2010 1:51AM GMT
hello my name is lesley farmer my mother was grace mannix, her father was james william mannix son of patrick mannix and mary jane scattini(b. 1878-d. 1938). patrick was born straithfieldsaye victoia around 1870 and died 28 march 1938 victoria. I believe his father was james mannix born 1834 kerry died 25 november 1909 mandurang victoria and mother johanna finnaughty. i think james's parents were maurice mannix and margaret dowd hoping you may be able to help me trace my family history.

Re: Manton

Posted: 31 May 2010 3:30PM GMT
Terry,

I just tried to write you a letter with an e-mail address from 2006 regarding the Manton family but it bounced back. If you receive this message I like to contact you. Do you have a new e-mail address?
Thank you,
Mary
Posted: 1 Jun 2010 6:07PM GMT
Just contact me through Ancestry. From looking at the tread about Mannix, Maurice and Patrick, I don't believe there is any connection to my family. My g-father, Michael Manyx and his brother Patrick Manyx came to the US in the 1850's as chilren. There was a third brother John and I believe he stayed in the east while Mike and Pat came to Illinois. They came from County Clare.

Posted: 19 Jul 2010 6:25AM GMT
hello my GG grandfather was james married to johanna fenaughty. his son patrick is my G grandfather. i was wondering what information you have. I am at a dead end in finding any further information on maurice and margaret. and there children. yours sincerely lesley farmer townsville australia

Posted: 21 Jul 2010 2:15AM GMT
sorry have no knowledge of your family.

Posted: 21 Jul 2010 2:15AM GMT
sorry have no knowledge of your family.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic