Search for content in message boards

Harness Family

Harness Family

Posted: 30 Jun 2001 5:23AM GMT
Surnames: Harness, Holley, Honeycutt, Moreland
I am wanting any and all information on the Harness familys from Arkansas. My husbands family comes from there. His Great great grandfather was Roan Harness, his son was Jacob Columbus Harness and his son was Ulysses Otto Harness. The last I believe I have is back toJohn and Sophia Harness. Don't have much history back beyond there can any one take me futher back? I need names, dates and any information that will help. Thank you very much

Re: Harness Family

Posted: 6 Jul 2001 1:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Harness
Check at http://www.texsteve.com/gen and see if that helps any (or if YOU can fill in any gaps) .. Rowann(Roan) moved down into Van Buren County in later years and his people are all wrapped up around mine down there. In fact have a picture of him there

David Tilley (View posts)
Posted: 22 Aug 2001 11:20PM GMT
Hey cousin, Call your Oklahoma cousin Don Harness in Cleveland Oklahoma.. or call his brother in Marshall, Ark at THE LOST CHEROKEE HEADQUARTERS. their number is 870-448-2300. I bet they can help you out. Oh by the way , we are probably related too. David Tilley

Posted: 23 Aug 2001 2:51PM GMT
Edited: 14 Jul 2003 7:54PM GMT
Surnames: Harness, Reeves
Think you just cleared up something for me.. I have a copy of the reeves family bible where it talks of Ulysses O. Harness as the son of Hiram Reeves and Mattie Harness.. makes sense now.. mattie was widowed in 1908 when her son was about 5.. and she remarried a widower, Hiram Reeves.. who is a great uncle of mine.. making us.. "step-cousins"?? *grin* my family in van buren county is tied all in and around the harnesses.. as well as several others.. every time i research deeper i fear i will find a loopback in the branches of the family tree! *grin*

Posted: 3 Oct 2001 7:55PM GMT
Surnames: Hensley
Steve...Mary L. Hensley daughter of James D. Hensley (bro. of your Sarah) married Harrison Harness in VanBuren Co. Any info on this family would be appreciated. Thanks, Maggie

Posted: 3 Oct 2001 10:10PM GMT
Edited: 14 Jul 2003 7:54PM GMT
Harrison is the son of Rowan(Roan)(Rowann) Harness and Mary Ann Holley, of the Lexington, Van Buren County area. I have a fair amount of data on my web site at http://www.texsteve.com/gen including a picture of Rowann.. if you cant get through to it let me know and we can work around it somehow..
I show one child from that marriage.. a "Bazzy Lee Harness".. who later married a Bonds and is bureied at holley mountain cemetery

Susan Harness (View posts)
Posted: 26 Feb 2002 7:43AM GMT
My husband is of the Roan Harness'. His father is Ulysis' son, Leamon Loy. He lives is Harriet Ark still. Ulysis' wife is still living. I have more info at home. please mail me. Suzi

Susan Harness (View posts)
Posted: 26 Feb 2002 7:47AM GMT
Ronald Lee Harness, is the son of Leamon Loy Harness, also a cousin, we keep in touch with a Shirley Piercy who is a Reeves also, the daughter of Julia Reeves.

David (View posts)
Posted: 18 Feb 2005 6:18PM GMT
Please do not call the phone number that was given. It is not the number for the lost Cherokee tribe. It is a private residence. The Lost Cherokee tribe is in Clinton, AR.

Posted: 2 Aug 2005 12:33AM GMT
Surnames: Harness Adams Jones Heater
Yes I believe Sophia may be my gg grandmother. Did she
have a daughter named Georgianna? Could there be a Adams
in the picture and a Jones?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic