Search for content in message boards

Brooks Family in Alabama

Brooks Family in Alabama

Carol Crutcher Staggs (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Anyone know or related to the Brooks family in and around Huntsville (Madison county) Alabama? Grandfathers name William Brooks married to Buna Olivia Fox. My mothers siblings were, Marvin, Carl, Russell Brooks (all deceased) One sister, Grace (deceased).
My mother is Doris Olivia, married to David Malcolm Crutcher in Huntsville, Alabama. Both age 76, still living in Madison County.

Brooks Family in Alabama

Jackie Brooks Blalock (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jul 2000 8:52PM GMT
I, too, am researching Brooks family of Alabama. My descendants are from Blount County Alabama. My great grandfather was William Johns Brooks, Gadsden, AL, and Great Great grandfather was William Bluford Brooks of Blount County. We may be able to help each other. Do you know your William's middle name?

Jackie Brooks Blalock

Brooks family in Alabama

CAROL CRUTCHER STAGGS (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jul 2000 9:17PM GMT
Yes, my grandfathers full name was William Walter Brooks. My Mother said as far as she knew they always lived in Madison COunty (Huntsville) Alabama. I will try to find out some other names from Mother tomorrow. I told her I was trying to trace some of the Brooks family. Mother is the only one left and dosen't know a lot about her family history. WIlliam Walter Brooks died at the age of 52 from a stroke caused by high blood pressure.

Brooks family in Alabama

jackie brooks blalock (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jul 2000 7:29PM GMT
I'm sorry I haven't come across a William Walter in my searches. What year did he die? If I come across anything I will let you know.

Brooks of Alabama

Posted: 29 Jul 2000 10:29PM GMT
Edited: 9 Feb 2002 5:44AM GMT
I also have a William Brooks in my family tree. I have William Elijah Brooks born abt 1860 and died Aug 14, 1929. He married Febbei Meawy. The only child that I know of so far is Flora Bell Brooks who married James Norton.

If this connects with you please let me know. I have been unable to get any further back on this line and it is driving me nuts!!

Thanks, Susan

William Eliza Brooks

Jackie Brooks Blalock (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jul 2000 6:33PM GMT
This William is not in my direct line, but I have seen his name mentioned. For the life of me I cannot find where. A very good book on Brooks Family is Brooks and Kindred by Ida Kellum Brooks. My sister has purchased this book. I will call her and ask about William Eliza and get back to you.

Jackie B.

Jacob Brooks

Posted: 31 Jul 2000 5:28AM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 12:44PM GMT
See BKF, p120, for some discussion of Jacob
Brooks. We need his descendants, and hope
folks will join us this weekend for the 111th
gathering. I am the family historian, trying
to update BKF, now 50 years out-of-date.
Best wishes. RBF

Jacob Brooks

jackie Brooks Blalock (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 2000 8:24PM GMT
My Brooks family are direct descendants of Jacob Brooks. My sister and I have just started researching our family. We have purchased BKF, has great info. Please keep me informed on when update is complete would like to have copy. Also, any info I can offer just let me know. As I said I am new at this so I don't know if I have anything to add, other than I do have a letter from my great grandfather William Johns Brooks son of William Bluford Brooks who was the son of Jacob Warren Brooks, goes on back to Jacob Brooks, Sr. and William Brooks of Va in 1700. Sorry I can't make reunion, sounds like fun. Maybe next year.

Jackie Brooks Blalock

Descent of Jacob Brooks

Posted: 1 Aug 2000 4:47AM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 12:44PM GMT
Good morning. Yes, please send me your data
sheets, Col. Roger B. Foushee, 1510 Southwood
Drive, Durham, NC 27707-2114. It will help in
the revision, and expansion of our 1950 BKF
which took over 50 years to compile. My direct
e-mail is Roger.Foushee@ncmail.net. Bestwishes.

Wm. Brooks in Va.

Posted: 1 Aug 2000 4:40PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2001 3:08AM GMT
Have a Wm. Brooks born in Fauquier Co.Va. in late 1600's or early 1700's.His son, Thomas served in Rev. war. My father, Wm. is direct decendent of this Wm.Can anyone take this line further back?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic