Search for content in message boards

Percy Dominic Stafford Sr

Percy Dominic Stafford Sr

Posted: 9 Oct 2004 3:45AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for some information on my Gfather-I was adopted and have just found some family members-I know he married a Louise Aguillard and they had 3 children P.D. Jr.,
Mary Louise, and my father Louis Lucian , Nell--I think all are dead now, I am looking for any help on my grandparents.
Thank You so much for anything.

Re: Percy Dominic Stafford Sr

Posted: 10 Oct 2004 3:35AM GMT
Where did these Staffords live? What time frame?

I find a Percy Dominic Stafford and a Louis Lucian Stafford in the Worchester, MA phone Directory.

Stephanie Garcia (View posts)
Posted: 10 Oct 2004 5:01PM GMT
Surnames: Stafford
Hi Mike, you must be the resident authority on the Stafford name. P.D. Stafford was born in Louisana sometime I think in the 1800's and his son (my birth father) was born in Beaumont, Tx so I guess they all stayed in the La. and Tx areas, I think some my have been from Pointe Coupee, La from what I have found but I don't know for sure.

Thanks for answering

Posted: 10 Oct 2004 10:02PM GMT
This ought to get you started.

Ancestors of Stephanie - 10 Oct 2004
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIRST GENERATION

1. Stephanie.

SECOND GENERATION

2. Louis Lucian STAFFORD was born on July 19, 1922 in Beaumont, Jefferson Co., Texas. He died on July 1, 2002 in Texas. He had Social Security Number 456-12-7501. Issued in Texas before 1951. Louis Lucian STAFFORD had the following children:

1 i. Stephanie.

THIRD GENERATION

4. Pierce Dominic STAFFORD was born on August 4, 1889 in Louisiana. He appeared on the census in 1930 in Beaumont, Jefferson Co., Texas. Listed as Pierce D. Stafford, an automechanic, with wife Louise E., and children Pierce D. Jr., Beatrice, Mary L., Nell and Louis L. His and his wife's parents born in LA. He died on November 29, 1979 in Hardin Co., Texas. He had Social Security Number 465-07-4591. Last Residence: 77701 Beaumont, Jefferson, Texas Listed as Pierce Dave Stafford on his WWI draft registration card. He was married to Louise E. AGUILLARD about 1914.

5. Louise E. AGUILLARD was born in November 1891 in Louisiana. Pierce Dominic STAFFORD and Louise E. AGUILLARD had the following children:

i. Pierce Dominic STAFFORD Jr. was born about 1915 in Texas.
ii. Beatrice STAFFORD was born about 1916 in Texas.
iii. Mary Louise STAFFORD was born about 1918 in Texas.
iv. Nell STAFFORD was born about 1921 in Texas.
2 v. Louis Lucian STAFFORD.

FOURTH GENERATION

10. Joe AGUILLARD was born in May 1855 in Louisiana. He appeared on the census in 1900 in Jeanerette, Iberia Par., Louisiana. Listed as a sugar plant owner, with wife, 4 daughters and brother Chas b. Jul 1857. He was married to Alida about 1882.

11. Alida was born in June 1859 in Louisiana. Joe AGUILLARD and Alida had the following children:

5 i. Louise E. AGUILLARD.
ii. Auora AGUILLARD was born in December 1888 in Louisiana.
iii. Anita AGUILLARD was born in August 1895 in Louisiana.
iv. Pauline AGUILLARD was born in November 1897 in Louisiana.

Stephanie (View posts)
Posted: 10 Oct 2004 11:29PM GMT
I bow to you Mike the King of the Stafford's. I almost cried when I saw the information you have found and passed on to me. I can never thank you for the answers you have given me. I will forever be grateful.

Stephanie

Posted: 11 Oct 2004 2:57AM GMT
Edited: 15 Mar 2006 10:32PM GMT
No, I'm not a king - but my wife occasionally does crown me. I just enjoy building a Stafford Database. I found a little more but there may be errors of assumption.

Descendants of H. F. (Frank B.) STAFFORD - 10 Oct 2004
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIRST GENERATION

1. H. F. (Frank B.) STAFFORD was born about 1834 in Mississippi or Louisiana. He appeared on the census in 1860 in East Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Listed as H. F. Stafford, a farmer, with wife Sarah, daughter Laura E and a Andrew J. Stafford ( a brother or son ?) He appeared on the census in 1870 in East Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Listed as H. F. Stafford, a farmer, b. MS with wife S. Ann and sons L. D. and B. F. He appeared on the census in 1880 in Iberia Parish, Louisiana. 6th Ward. Listed as Frank B. Stafford, a drayman, with wife Minerva, 5 sons and 3 daughters. Parents born in LA.

Sarah Ann was born about 1834 in Mississippi or Louisiana. H. F. (Frank B.) STAFFORD and Sarah Ann had the following children:

2 i. Andrew J. STAFFORD was born about 1850 in Louisiana. Possibly a brother.
3 ii. Laura E. STAFFORD was born about 1858 in Louisiana.
+4 iii. Louis D. "Lewis" STAFFORD (born about 1860).
5 iv. Benjamine F. STAFFORD was born about 1864 in Louisiana. He was a drey driver in 1880 in Iberia Parish, Louisiana.
6 v. John P. STAFFORD was born about 1865 in Louisiana. He was a telegraph worker in 1880 in Iberia Parish, Louisiana.

He was married to Minerva JACKSON on October 21, 1871 in East Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Groom was listed as H. F. Stafford. Minerva JACKSON was born about 1852 in Louisiana. H. F. (Frank B.) STAFFORD and Minerva JACKSON had the following children:

7 i. Louisa STAFFORD was born about 1872 in Louisiana.
8 ii. Mary STAFFORD was born about 1872 in Louisiana.
9 iii. Martha STAFFORD was born about 1874 in Louisiana.
10 iv. Charlie STAFFORD was born about 1876 in Louisiana.
11 v. Henry STAFFORD was born about 1879 in Louisiana.

SECOND GENERATION

4. Louis D. "Lewis" STAFFORD was born about 1860 in Louisiana. He was a blacksmith in 1880 in Iberia Parish, Louisiana.

He was married to Lucy PLATTMIER (daughter of George Louis "Lewis" PLATTMIER and Henriette PLAISANCE) on June 18, 1886 in Iberia Parish, Louisiana. Listed as Lewis Stafford. Lucy PLATTMIER was born in Louisiana. Louis D. "Lewis" STAFFORD and Lucy PLATTMIER had the following children:

+12 i. Elizabeth "Lizzie" STAFFORD.
+13 ii. Pierce Dominic STAFFORD (born on August 4, 1889).
+14 iii. Morris STAFFORD.
+15 iv. Lillian STAFFORD.
+16 v. Alec "Red" STAFFORD.

THIRD GENERATION

12. Elizabeth "Lizzie" STAFFORD.

She was married to Eugene BALLINGER.

13. Pierce Dominic STAFFORD was born on August 4, 1889 in Louisiana. He appeared on the census in 1930 in Beaumont, Jefferson Co., Texas. Listed as Pierce D. Stafford, an automechanic, with wife Louise E., and children Pierce D. Jr., Beatrice, Mary L., Nell and Louis L. His and his wife's parents born in LA. He died on November 29, 1979 in Hardin Co., Texas. He had Social Security Number 465-07-4591. Last Residence: 77701 Beaumont, Jefferson, Texas Listed as Pierce Dave Stafford on his WWI draft registration card.

He was married to Louise E. AGUILLARD (daughter of Joe AGUILLARD and Alida) about 1914. Louise E. AGUILLARD was born in November 1891 in Louisiana. Pierce Dominic STAFFORD and Louise E. AGUILLARD had the following children:

17 i. Pierce Dominic STAFFORD Jr. was born about 1915 in Texas.
18 ii. Beatrice STAFFORD was born about 1916 in Texas.
19 iii. Mary Louise STAFFORD was born about 1918 in Texas.
20 iv. Nell STAFFORD was born about 1921 in Texas.
+21 v. Louis Lucian STAFFORD (born on July 19, 1922).

14. Morris STAFFORD.

He was married to Vera BONNETT (?).

15. Lillian STAFFORD.

She was married to Ray FINCHER.

16. Alec "Red" STAFFORD.

He was married to Lillian RUSSELL.

Stephanie (View posts)
Posted: 11 Oct 2004 4:18AM GMT
Thank You so much----I wonder if any of my family on Louis's side is still alive---I have found out Louis (my father) was quite the ladies man he had 7 wifes ! I also found that he had 2 other daughters--Penny, Lisa(she is deceased Sept 2003).
Not sure about much more than that though. They were born in Vinton, La and then after their mother divorced him they moved to Port Arthur, Tx.
I found out my mother Gertrude (Snookie) Sterling was his 2nd wife. I was his first child.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions