Search for content in message boards

Looking for bio dad's father

Looking for bio dad's father

Posted: 27 Apr 2012 5:16AM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm looking for any information on the biological father of John Richard Finta,( adopted last name) born in 1929 ,son of Lois Alma Johnson(maiden name) in California.

Re: Looking for bio dad's father

Posted: 27 Apr 2012 1:26PM GMT
So was Lois his biological mother or adopted mother?

Posted: 27 Apr 2012 3:05PM GMT
Lois was his biological mother, but when he was around two Lois married William Finta and William Finta adopted my father
(birth name John Richard _________? Lois and Bill went on to have two more kids, Thomas and James Finta. John Richard's birth certificate lists him as John Richard Finta,So I'm assuming that Lois changed his last name to Finta on his birth certificate after being adopted by William Finta. I am trying to find out anything about my father's biological father. I understand he was from Italy. That's all I know.

Posted: 27 Apr 2012 10:50PM GMT
Surnames: Cicchetti
Hi,

I'm not related but enjoy looking.

Since John Richard Finta is listed as being born in 1929 in Santa Cruz Co I thought maybe he and Lois would be there in 1930.

In the 1930 census in Santa Cruz I found Lois A Cicchitti born abt 1910 as a stepdaughter with James B.Culleton and his wife Felithia (probably Lois' mother) and a child listed as a step-grandson John R. Cicchitti age 5/12, which matches up with John Richard's october 1929 birthdath. He was born in CA and his father was born in Argentina. Do you know anything about Lois' mother and stepfather that would show this is the right family?

Also in Santa Cruz though in nearby Watsonville I found Vincent Cicchetti b 1891 Argentina parents born Italy with his wife of 3 years Anna. He was born abt 1891. They were born listed as insurance agents. He isn't necessarily the father. He could have a brother around there as well.

By 1936 Anna Cicchetti is in San Jose listed in a directory as the widow of Vincent.

The Argentina birthplace sets them apart as far as I'm concerned. Hopefully this gives you a lead to follow.

Barbara

Posted: 27 Apr 2012 10:58PM GMT
Surnames: Johnson
I just found Felithia Johnson with her huband Haywood and daughter Lois (less than 1 yr old) in Saucelito Marin Co in the 1910 census so I feel like we are on the right track. Gotta love those unusual names.

Barbara

Posted: 28 Apr 2012 1:12AM GMT
Thank you so much for the information! There are quite a few "coincidences" in the names,birthdate,0location, and Italian surname.
You were able to find out all this right here on Ancestry?

Posted: 28 Apr 2012 2:38AM GMT
Thank you again. I had some writings from my grandmother Lois that my deceased dad's wife ( my step mom) gave me a couple of years ago. I should have looked at them before I started searching this site. I dug them out, and low and behold my grandma Lois had signed one of the documents, Lois A Finta, daughter of Felethia Hardin Culleton! The great things is, that my father's original surname seems to be the one you identified in one the cenusus records. I'm so excited! There are several records for Felethia, Lethia, each having a different husband and my grandma Lois having different "fathers"! Things were just as scandalous back then! I've still to figure all that out, but really appreciate you helping me with my dad's surname!! Thank you!

Posted: 28 Apr 2012 2:48AM GMT
I'm glad I was right. It's so neat when the pieces fit together. I haven't found any more records for Vincent Cicchetti but there should be some immigration records somewhere. I mostly use Ancestry (which you can access for free at many librairies for free) but familysearch.org has lots of records as well (also free)

Good luck,
Barbara

Posted: 28 Apr 2012 1:17PM GMT
I looked in Vitalsearch and it seems that Vincent died 4/2/1932
per page

Find a board about a specific topic