Search for content in message boards

White / Savoy

White / Savoy

Posted: 13 Dec 2008 3:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: White Savoy
I posted this back in 2004, and wanted to give it another try. Hopefully someone will be able to help me out with this line.

I'm searching for any info on ancestors of Patrick White and Marguerite (Savoy) White. They were the parents of William George White, who was born in Chatham, NB.
Thank you very much for any help.
John

Re: White / Savoy

Posted: 16 Dec 2008 7:36PM GMT
Surnames: White/Savoy
If you have access to the Drouin Collection at Ancestry.Ca you will find the name Savoy and some derivitives in the online index for the churches in the Chatham area.

I recently transcribed several hundred entries for my own McGinnis line and I recall seeing your names of interest fairly often as I looked over many of the orignial records.

I just found the marriage record for Patrick and Marguerite of 21 April 1899, St. Bernard's Parish, Nuguac.

Not really sure of your specific needs but if I can help contact me off list at ajj_wa@hotmail.com

Allison Jones

Re: White / Savoy

Posted: 5 Aug 2010 11:50PM GMT
May I suggest that you check out the web site "www.nbgs.ca/firstfamilies.html" for a listing of the first settlers of the Miramichi area. The Savoie and Breau families are prominently highlighted. My ggg grandmother was Suzanne Savoie, the product of a Savoie/Breau union. The website being recommended was compiled by the New Brunswick Genealogy Society, etc. Good luck.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions