Search for content in message boards

Richard Jones 1797

Richard Jones 1797

Posted: 2 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 May 2002 7:41PM GMT
Surnames: JONES, HAMBLETT, SMITH, HUGHES
Richard JONES of Halifax Co., VA will 1797 had a son-in-law Richard HAMBLET from Caswell Co VA., who had married his daughter Kitty. They lived next to him in Halifax Co., VA. I am trying to locate the marriage of Richard Jones to his wife Mildredge as well as locate his children. So I thought that perhaps he, too , was from Caswell Co., VA.

Richard Jones had sons John Jones, Stephen Jones, Hendrey Jones, Russel Jones and perhaps Joseph Jones. He had three married daughters: Kitty HAMBLET, Sarah SMITH and Mary HUGHES. Those unmarried at the time of his will were: Patsey, Eddey and Elizabeth JONES. There was an additional child born after his death that is unknown to me. Hendry Jones was named as his youngest son.

Any help will be appreciated in learning about Richard Jones and his wife and children. Arlina

Re: Richard Jones 1797

Posted: 30 Aug 2002 9:09AM GMT
Edited: 18 Jan 2004 12:18PM GMT
Surnames: Hamblet (Hamlet)
Any possible connection to HAMBLET (Hamlet) family of Watauga Co, NC? OLIVER in Civil war, son of PETER A., son of PETER b. 1792?- from Orange Co NC and possibly VA (Richmond?- Jamestown?) before that?

Arlina (View posts)
Posted: 30 Aug 2002 11:09AM GMT
How I wish I knew the answer to that question! I am sorry that I don't, but thanks for writing. Arlina

Posted: 24 Oct 2002 5:52AM GMT
Edited: 30 Oct 2002 4:16PM GMT
Surnames: HUGHES/HUGHS, HAMLETT/HAMBLET
I am interested in the Hamblet/Hughes connection. Below is some information I have in my data with mention of HAMBLET/HAMLETT in Caswell County, North Carolina. I don't know exactly how these families relate. Please let me know what you think.

Caswell Co, NC, Deed Book O - Page 110 George HORNBUCKLE of CC to Austen NEWEL of Rockingham Co., NC, for $200, 120 A adj John HUGHES, Richard HAMLETT on Hillsborough Rd. 20 June 1803. Wit: Richard HAMLITT, William HAMLETT, William VINSON.

Caswell Co, NC Deed Book Q - Page 135 William FIELDER of CC to Andrew ROBERTSON of Orange Co., NC, for 110 lbs, 150 A on Haw R adj Charles HUGHS, the Rockingham Co. line originally entered by Mary LAREMORE. 8 Nov 1805. Wit: Robert MURREY, Richard HAMLETT.

Caswell Co, NC, Deed Book Q - Page349-351 Divide land of John HUGHS decd to legatees: 1. Gilson HUGHS 36 A adj Thomas BRINCEFIELD, Richd HORNBUCKLE, Richard HAMBLETT; 2. John HUGHS 36 A adj Gilson HUGHS, Richard HAMBLETT; 3. Bidzy HUGHS 36 A; 4. Andrew HUGHS 31 & ¾ A adj Iverson GWYN; 5. Polly HUGHS 31 & ¾ A adj Andrew HUGHS, Andrew ROBINSON. 22 Aug 1811. Commrs: Thomas BRINCEFIELD, Jamie COOLIE, Joseph GUESS, Danl S. FARLEY surveyor. {This John HUGHS is supposedly the son of Andrew Micager HUGHS who moved to Pendleton District, SC. These legatees, excepting John, can be found there after 1810. See early deeds with Charles HUGHS and BRINCEFIELDs & HORNBUCKLEs in the Stoney Creek/Haw River area.}

Caswell Co, NC, Deed Book R - pages 291-292 Austin NEWELL & Richard HAMLETT both of CC to Andrew ROBERTSON of Orange Co., NC, for $290, 131 A & 62 poles adj John HUGHS, MADKINS line on Fayetteville Rd. 11 Aug 1815. Wit: Nathan MOORE, James UNDERWOOD.

Caswell County Guardians' Accounts 1794-1819; 1817 page 332 Richard Hamblett guardian of Gilson Hews (Cash advanced 50 sh. to Gilson to pay a Gentleman whom Gilson had traveled from the South with.)

Caswell County, North Carolina, marriage John Hughs to Nancey Jackson, 12 Sept. 1810, bondsman Richard Hamlet, witness Stephen D. Watkins

arlina (View posts)
Posted: 25 Oct 2002 1:02PM GMT
I do appreciate that information from Caswell Co., NC. However, John Hughes and his wife stayed in Halifax Co., VA, as far as I know. However Kibble Terry Hughes and Absolum Hughes of Halifax Co. had connections to a Hamblet family of Halifax Co., VA. Kibble Terry Hughes died in Muary Co., TN and Absolum Hughes died in Barren Co., KY. I do feel that the Richard Hamblet that married Kitty Jones is somehow connected to Caswell Co. and the Fielder connection has many researchers. This also extends to the Hamlet families of Person Co., NC. I am sorry that I have no further information for you. Arlina

Posted: 30 Nov 2012 5:13PM GMT
In my own family line I have a Richard Lee Hamblett who marries a Keturah (Katy) Jones. I have 3 sons for them, Richard, William, Robert and Bird..... Their son Richard marries Winnifred Fielder. Their son Samuel Franklin Hamblett marries Sarah Wortham.........if these names sound familiar let me know
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions