Search for content in message boards

Liddell Family in Marietta, OK

Liddell Family in Marietta, OK

Posted: 18 Jan 2003 12:13AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Oct 2003 9:00PM GMT
Surnames: FREEMAN, LIDDELL
My 89-year-old sister, whose name was Martha Freeman attended the Marietta Elementary School in Love Co. in the early 1920's. Her best friend in 4th grade was Mildred Liddell. Mildred had a older cousin named Emma Carolina Liddell. My family moved after this year (1924) and these two friends lost touch with one another. Martha would like to know whatever happened to Mildred and to her cousin.

Re: Liddell Family in Marietta, OK

Posted: 9 Feb 2003 5:15PM GMT
I'm sorry you missed visiting with Mrs. Dean

Story last updated at 11:51 a.m. Wednesday, November 13, 2002
Emma Liddell Dean

• MARIETTA -- Services for Emma Caroline Liddell Dean, 90, will be at 3 p.m. Thursday at First Baptist Church with the Rev. Tony Caro officiating. Interment will be at Lakeview Cemetery.
Born Aug. 11, 1912, in Love County to Minnie Keel and Daniel V. Liddell Sr., she died Nov. 12, 2002, at the local hospital.

Raised in Love County, she graduated from junior college in Gainesville, Texas, received her master's degree from Southeastern Oklahoma State University and taught in Leon, then at Turner before she retired after 25 years. She was a member of numerous organizations including Love County Retired Educators, Rose Garden Club, Pink Ladies Auxiliary and First Methodist Church. She was helped organize the Love County Historical Society and Frontier Days and was honored with the Oklahoma Outstanding Older Citizen Award. She married H. Fred Dean here on June 29, 1930.

She was preceded in death by her husband on Nov. 7, 1974; four brothers, Richard, D.V., John and Marvin Liddell; a sister, Dorothy Sanders; and granddaughter.

Survivors include two sons, Charles, Kaufman, Texas, and Vernon, Springtown, Texas; three daughters, Linda Briggs, Ann Thomas and Dorothy Stofel, all of Marietta; two brothers, Billy Liddell, Thackerville, and Iverson Liddell, Gladewater, Texas; three sisters, Jane Pipins, Parker, Ariz., Jeanne Cochran, Houston, Betty Galloway, Marietta; 12 grandchildren; and numerous great-grandchildren.

Bearers will be Bob Brock, Ken Delashaw, Gene Washburn, Richard Barker, Charles Young, Frank Lornes, Ron Jacobs and Don Bone. Honorary bearers are former students.

Memorials may be made to the Love County Chickasaw Library c/o Flanagan-Watts Funeral Home, 100 E. Main, Marietta, OK 73448.

Posted: 9 Feb 2003 7:10PM GMT
Surnames: LIDDELL, DEAN, COX
Thank you so much for responding to my inquiry on the RootsWeb.com page, Love Co, OK concerning Emma Caroline Liddell Dean.

I posted that inquiry for my 89 year old sister, Martha Freeman France. She had always wondered what happened to her friend, Mildred Liddell and Mildred's cousin, Emma Caroline. I will pass the information contained in your posting along to my sister.

I learned from another response to my posting that Mildred Liddell Cox (also deceased) taught elementary school in Marietta for many years.

There is a Web site http://www.rootsweb.com/usgenweb/ok/love/obits.htm that posts obituaries of people in Love County. You might want to send this obituary for Emma Caroline Liddell Dean so that it can be posted at this site.

Again, thank you for answering my inquiry.

Posted: 15 May 2003 8:26PM GMT
Do you know the name of Mildred Liddell Cox's husband?

Posted: 15 May 2003 9:26PM GMT
Surnames: LIDDELL, COX
The response to my original inquiry was from my first-cousin-once-removed. This is what she said in her e-mail:

"I know that Mildred Liddell married Ozel Cox. I dated one of their son's (Richard) when I was in high school. Mildred was an elementary teacher for as long as I can remember. She was a very sweet, kind person. She died in 1982 and is buried in Lakeview Cemetery. I know some of the Liddells lived in Thackerville."

I hope this is the information that you need.

Posted: 15 May 2003 10:19PM GMT
Thanks very much. I
per page

Find a board about a specific topic