Search for content in message boards

Decendents of James Rowe

Decendents of James Rowe

Posted: 22 Jul 2001 9:30PM GMT
Classification: Marriage
Edited: 26 Aug 2001 8:56PM GMT
Surnames: Rowe
I am trying to find the decendents of Thomas Rowe. His brother is Luet. James Rowe from the battle of San Jacinto.

Decendents of James Rowe

Posted: 23 Jul 2001 3:58PM GMT
Edited: 4 Jan 2002 3:04PM GMT
Surnames: Baldwin, Kyle, Walker, Rowe, Tippett
I don't have much on this line but here it is: Thomas married Mary Wingo High Oct 30, 1834 in Spartanburg, NC. They had 9 children: Nancy Ann, Martha Jane, Mary Adeline, James Vernon, Burnel Thomas, Alexander Wingo, Susanna Madera, & Josephine Texas. My notes also say that Thomas died in Austin Texas. Thomas' brothers, Dr. Joseph Rowe & Robert, both settled in Austin too. I descend from brother James through his daughter Martha Jane Rowe Kyle. I would like to know more about this family also. Thanks. Bob

Re: Descendants of James Rowe

Posted: 18 Aug 2001 2:39AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Aug 2006 1:14PM GMT
Since Thomas is a brother of Joseph and Robert, then he must be the Thomas Rowe who is the son of Joseph Rowe, Sr., and Nancy Ann Murrow. This is from information placed on the internet by Fred Ridley Gamble, Jr. He says that Dr. Joseph Rowe was born in Caswell County, N.C. Since James a younger brother who was born after Thomas is listed as being born in Cawell County, N.C., I presume that Thomas was born there too. He says the family came to Texas in 1833.

Fred Ridley Gambles's email is fgamble@channelcrossings.com

To get to his information on the internet go to:

http://searches.rootswebb.com

Click on WorldConnect. When the next page comes up, just click on "go". The next page will have surname, given name, place of death, father's name. Put in Joseph Rowe and then Joseph for father's name, and Texas for place of death. That should take you to a page that shows sites for Joseph Rowe. Look on the right side for the submitter. It should show craingamble. Click on Joseph Rowe, Sr., name. That will show you the list of his children. It shows that Thomas was born September 9, 1808

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions