Search for content in message boards

William Jackson

William Jackson

Posted: 20 Jul 2013 6:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Aug 2013 12:52AM GMT
I am new to this board. Have been searching for 14 + years, for info on my 3rd great grandfather, William Jackson. He is shown in the 1850 Butler County, AL Census as being from/born in Georgia about 1798. The reason I am looking for him in Franklin, NC is:

1) I have some suspicions that he may be related to Julius Jackson's family. Julius Jackson, b. 1764. Littleberry Jackson, Julius Jackson's Grandson, is in the 1850 Butler County, AL census.
2) in the 1900 Tyler County, TX, census, William's son, Cleton Jackson, my gr gr grandfather, states that his father was b. in NC. I am thinkiing perhaps the borders changed??

My William Jackson, b. abt 1798 in Georgia, listed on the 1850 Butler County, AL census, was married to Mary. I know nothing of her, nor of William, beyond the 1850 census, just mentioned.She was b. abt 1810 in Georgia, also.

Does anyone have a William that may have been 'lost' or not researched, in your records, b. abt that time, married to Mary?

Hope to hear from someone about this.
Sincerely, Linda (Jackson) Kyle

Re: William Jackson

Posted: 21 Jul 2013 5:43PM GMT
Linda,
Franklin Co.,is no where near the TN or GA borders, it is in the very upper part of the central portion of the State, pretty near the NC/VA border, as can be seen by this map.

http://www.ncgenweb.us/catawba/countyfm.htm

I don't know anything about the families you've mentioned, but here is a will abstract with a William Jackson:

"Franklin County, North Carolina, Original Wills, 1780-1861",by Dr. Stephen E. Bradley Jr.:
WILLIAM JACKSON SR 24 Sept 1805 (No probate date) (Bk C, Folio 191)
To my granddaughter DIZY CURRY - 1 feathe rbed & furniture which my wife SARAH died in possession of.
To my son JOHN - my Negro woman BETHA with her increase after 1 Jan 1802.
To my daughter SUSANNAH CURRY - my Negro boy NELSON.
To my son JULUS - my Negro boy MOSES & 1/3 part of my still.
To my daughter MARTHA HUNT - my Negro girl EASTER.
To my son WILLIAM JACKSON & my daughter POLLY STALLINGS & my son JOSIAH JACKSON - 5 shillings each.
My Negro women GRACE & TILLA to be sold to pay the expenses of the Negroes BETHA, NELSON, MOSE & TILLA.
Other Provisions.
Ex. my son JOHN JACKSON
Wit. EDMD HARRISON, CULLEN JONES

===================

Deloris

Posted: 22 Jul 2013 12:00PM GMT
Looks like Deloris found your connection! Good luck in your search.

Renate

Posted: 22 Jul 2013 5:37PM GMT
Hi Renate,

Thank you for the kind words! Well, you might say I am at least on the way there. I STRONGLY suspect that the very Julious Jackson, who is seen in the 1850 Butler County AL Census is related to my William Jackson. As I said on my last post, I have someone at the AL State Archives working on seeing if they can find ANYTHING that will connect me to this family, or, in fact, the other JACKSONs in the 1850 Butler Census. I suppose what I need to first find is any place where my own WILLIAM JACKSON, b. abt 1798 GA, connects to the Jacksons in GA and if so, where AT in Georgia? ALSO, before GA, Julius Jackson was in NC...to my understanding...

For any following this thread, here is what I have, that I know and prove:
William Jackson, b. abt 1798 in GA or NC. He is 52 yrs in the 1850 Butler County, AL Census... His wife's name, all I have on her, is Mary. She was born about 1811 also in Georgia, and is shown as 39 in that census record. Their children are as follows:

Cleton, b. 1833 in AL (He is my great great Gr/Fth (On the census, some say it is Eslton, but very clearly on the image itself, it is CLETON. Not to mention his Civil War papers.)
Ann, b. 1835 AL
Emeline Frances Jackson, b. Dec 9, 1837 in AL
Martha Jackson, b. 1839 AL
Catherine Jackson, b. 1841 AL
William Jackson, b. 1846 AL

If anyone has something that might be worth investigating, please respond!! I have been trying to find my gr gr gr gr/fth William Jackson, b. 1798 in GA for over 14 years.

Thank you all so much for any help you can lend to me.
Very Sincerely, Linda
per page

Find a board about a specific topic