Search for content in message boards

Thomas Bradley

Thomas Bradley

Posted: 8 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Aug 2001 4:58AM GMT
Surnames: Bradley
I am looking for information on Thomas Bradley listed on the Revolution, Roster in a History of Fayette County by Franklin Ellis. He is my 4Grandfather. The little information I have b.New York, d.Pennsylvania and he had a daughter Jane (1793-1859) m. John Maurice 1817. His parents came from Ireland. He moved from New York to Maryland, and then to Pennsylvania where he died at the home of his son.

Re: Thomas Bradley

Posted: 13 Aug 2001 2:41AM GMT
Edited: 20 Aug 2001 2:09AM GMT
Surnames: Bradley, Batch, Little
Well, this is a long shot but here's what I have........My 4th great-grandmother was NANCY BRADLEY, b. abt. 1781 in MD. Died after 1860 in Fayette Co. PA. Married WILLIAM BATCH (also spelled BACCH, BACH). Nancy's father was Dominick Bradley, from Ireland. He bought land in PA in 1772, but appears to have maintained his residence in MD. NANCY (BRADLEY) BATCH was the mother of my 3rd gr-grandmother, ELLEN (who married JOHN LITTLE). Does any of this seem to fit with your people?

Merrily (View posts)
Posted: 13 Aug 2001 3:52AM GMT
Dominick Bradley could be a brother of Thomas Wilson Bradley. The only information I have on Thomas is what appears in a brief historical sketch of Mrs. Jane M. Builta. Mrs Builta was the eighth child in a family of twelve children. Her father John Maurice, was born in 1788, and was a soldier in the war of 1812. The mother, Jane Bradley, was daughter of Thomas Wilson Bradley, an officer in the Revolutionary war. In checking DAR records I found to John Bradley married to Jane McDonell and Mary Haslett.

Re: Thomas& Dom. Bradley

Posted: 13 Aug 2001 11:32AM GMT
Edited: 20 Aug 2001 2:09AM GMT
Surnames: Bradley
I don't know much more about Dominick than what I wrote. Like you, I got my info from a short biographical sketch on one of his grandchildren. I have a cousin who has done more research. I can ask her if she has found anything about Thomas. They do seem to have some interesting parellels, and perhaps they were brothers. I'll see if I can dig up anything on Thomas. Where did he live? You can e-mail me privately at: helencarbonneau@aol.com.

TP Young (View posts)
Posted: 31 May 2004 4:04PM GMT
Surnames: Bradley, Glenn
I can provide you additional information on Thomas Wilson Bradley, Rev. War patriot/pensioner, as he is also my 4th ggf. Please contact me.

I am descended from his daughter Mary Bradley, b. 17 Apr 1775, d. 19 Oct 1845 who married my 3rd ggf, John Glenn, Sr. in the 1st Presbyterian Church in Carlisle, PA.

Thomas Wilson Bradley was b. circa 1740, died at age 93 on 18 Jan 1833 at the home of daugher Jane (Bradley) & John Maurice in West Pennsborough, Cumberland Co, PA.

Would enjoy sharing information with you.

Merrily (View posts)
Posted: 31 May 2004 6:18PM GMT
Please send any information you have on Thomas Wilson Bradley. Do you have his wife's information? Names of other children? I have a marriage date of June 8, 1788 in Lancaster, PA. Do you have any of his Rev. War information? I am a descendant of his daugher Jane. Thanks for reply. merrily1@bellsouth.net

Dominick BRADLEY

Posted: 21 Jan 2007 7:55PM GMT
Surnames: ANDERSON BRADLEY BRIANS LITTLE
I am descended from Dominick BRADLEY as well. Would you like to be in touch to share information?

Thank you ....Leslie ....
Lawrence Ellswoorth ANDERSON Jr. (my dad)
his great-grandfather Joseph BRYANS married Roxanna LITTLE
Richard BRIANS (my great-great-great-grandfather) married Elizabeth BATCH
Batch WILLIAMS married Nancy BRADLEY (Elizabeth's parents; Batch had his name reversed by "legislative enactment"; my great-great-great-great-grandparents)
Dominick BRADLEY (Nancy's father who "came from Ireland and took up land in
Northumberland County, Pa in 1772"; my great-great-great-great-great-grandfather)

Posted: 4 Dec 2007 3:56PM GMT
I am descended from the above through his son George Christian Bradley. George had a daughter, Catharine, who was born 21 May 1817 in Adams County, PA [Obituary]. George and his family (along with Thomas Wilson Bradley) seemed to alternate between Adams County and Cumberland County [Tax records of both counties]. I have a copy of Thomas Wilson Bradley's signature from the indenture of his wife Maria Catharine Tumberlin. Have you seen it? I think Maria worked past her four year indenture and when she got married, her former master paid her back wages. Her husband--or husband-to-be--signed for it on the back of the indenture. It is at the Cumberland County Historical Society. I will scan my copy and send it to you if you don't have it, but it is really fun to actually touch the document (1778)! Hope you already have, or can sometime. I surmise that Thomas Wilson Bradley was married prior to that time and Miss Tumberlin was his 2nd wife.

My ancestory, Catharine Bradley, married 12 Sept 1839 to Peter Rugh. Her sister, Elnora, married about the same time to Samuel Swigart. They built adjoining row houses in Carlisle which are still standing and in good condition (both husbands were carpenters)[Deeds in Cumberland County]. They lived there until 1855 when the two families emigrated to Illinois. I have considerable information on them after that which I will be happy to share with you if you are interested. Have a picture of Catharine (Bradley) Rugh.

Although I know Thomas Bradley had a number of children, I have only been able to identify one besides George Christian. Would love to know more about Mary Glen! Also additional information on Thomas Wilson Bradley.

Netti Schreiner-Yantis
107 Latigo Ct
Stephens City, VA 22655

nsy@GBIP.biz

Posted: 15 Oct 2009 10:52PM GMT
Just saw your posting and decided to respond. I am related to Jane Bradley b. 1792 in Maryland d.1859 in Pa. She was married to John Maurice. I am having problems finding their ancestors. If you want to share any information, I would sure appreciate your help
Melodie Sayger Schmidt
Austin, Tx.

Posted: 16 Oct 2009 4:31AM GMT
I have not done any work on my family tree in years. This is all I have.

Name: Jane BRADLEY
----------------------------------------
Birth: 7 Nov 1792 PA 1,2,3
Death: 1859 IL, Peoria
Burial: Pleasant Grove Cem. Peoria, IL
Father: Thomas Wilson BRADLEY (~1740-1833)
Mother: Jane McDONELL

Spouses:
----------------------------------------
1: John MAURICE
Birth: 2 Mar 1788 VA, Wythe County
Death: 19 Oct 1872 IL, Marshall County
Burial: Pleasant Grove Cem. Peoria, IL
Father: John MAURICE
Mother: MILLER
Marriage: abt 1812 PA, Carlisle
Children: Kathrine (1813-)
John (1815-1882)
George (1817-1913)
Jacob (1820-)
Mary Ann (1822-1914)
Eliza (1825-1868)
Thomas Wilson (1827-1907)
Jane B. Brenizer (1829-1914)
William (1833-)
Margaret (1835-)
Adam (1837-1863)
David R. (1841-)
Henry

Sources
1. "Historical Encyclopedia of Illinois and History of McLean County, Volume II," Edited by Newton Bateman, Paul Selby, Ezra M. Prince and John H. Burnham,, Munsell Publishing Company, Chicago,, 1908, 1176.
2. "History of McLean County Illinois in Two Volumes, Vol. II," Jacob L. Hasbrouck, Historical Publishing Company, Topeka-Indianapolis, 1924, 1272-1273.
3. Information received from Leslie Maurice 11/2000.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions