Search for content in message boards

Jemima Franklin

Jemima Franklin

Posted: 23 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Oct 2006 2:40AM GMT
Surnames: Franklin
I am searching for information regarding Jemima Franklin and her first husband Hugh Daniel McCoy or Daniel Hugh McCoy. Jemima was the daughter of John Franklin, Burke County, NC. Hugh/Daniel McCoy came to the American Colonies from Scotland during the Revolutionaly War to fight in the British army. He was wounded in what is now Burke County, NC and was taken to the home of John Franklin. After recovery from his wounds, he and Jemima were married. They had several children. One of their children was my gggg grandfather Daniel McCoy, b. 1787, Burke Co., NC. I am told that Hugh/Daniel McCoy left his home in NC to return to Scotland and either died at sea, died in Scotland or deserted the family.

None of the family was ever able to find out what happened.

I believe Jemima Franklin and Hugh/Daniel McCoy were born ca. 1765/1767.

I believe Jemima Franklin married twice after Daniel left but I do not know the names of her other spouses.

Any assistance in this family genealogy would be sincerely appreciated.

Jemima Franklin

Tom Winters (View posts)
Posted: 21 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
The information I have is from a book on the Clarks of NC
by Robert Clark of Iowa. His number is 515 222 9069.
Jemima's parents were JohnFranklin and Phoebe Parker.
She was married to Daniel McCoy with 4 children.
She married William Griffin with 4 children
She married Thomas Wakefield
More of this information comes from Gayle Garrett on this Query.
Tom

Franklin, Parks, Wakefield

Kay Van De Rostyne (View posts)
Posted: 25 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:50PM GMT
I am a descended of a Andrew Parks b. 1802 in Burke Co., Nc, Andrew Parks married Sarah Franklin in Franklin Co.,Tn
Sarah is suppose to be the daughter of Moses Franklin of Burke NC and Franklin Co., Tn
In tracking some of the Parks in Franklin Co, they were intermarried with the Wakefield. Would you know if Jemina Franklin had any children with her third marriage to Thomas Wakefield?

Thanks,
Kay
BTW Sarha Franklin Parks is buried in Effingham Co., Ill

Franklin/Wakefield

Posted: 28 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 15 Jul 2001 2:35AM GMT
Surnames: Franklin, Wakefield, Spindle, Griffin
Jemima Franklin of Burke County.
I have a good deal of information on this lady who was my
Great Great Great Great Grandmother. In her second marriage to William Griffin, I have three children being born to this union, Mahala, General and Lucinda. Mahala married her first
cousin Joseph Franklin, son of Jemima's brother Moses. Mahala and Joseph's daughter Siotha married my Great Great Grandfather W.R. Spindle.
I have never found any children from Jemima's marraige to Thomas Wakefield. There was no mention of children in his will.I searched for his grave with no luck, on a visit to TN a few years, even though I had a map from the local library. I could not locate Jemima's either. Hope this helps!

Re: Franklin, Parks, Wakefield

Posted: 28 Jun 2009 6:34PM GMT
Surnames: Franklin,Parks.Carrell,Selby,Presson
Kay if you are still on this site I would like to discuss Franklin ,Parks and Carrell family connections. Thanks,

Re: Jemima Franklin

Posted: 27 Oct 2009 3:19PM GMT
I am a descended down the McCoy line, Hugh McCoy and Jemima Franklin; their son, David McCoy married Lucintha Davis, and next through their son, John M. McCoy who married Margaret C. Schwartz in Lewis Co., Missouri and then moved to Sutter Co., Calif.

I saw a reference on the LDS site that Jemima is buried in the Griffin Cemetery, Franklin, TN, with her second husband, William Griffin. Information does not have a listing for a Griffin Cemetery. Is it a private family home site? Does anyone know where this cemetery is located? Thank you for your replies. Kayra Dillon

Re: Jemima Franklin

Posted: 10 Dec 2013 9:14AM GMT
Jemima Franklin is buried beside her second husband William Griffin on a farm in Franklin Co.,TN.I visited their graves more than 40 years ago,and I don't remember exactly where it is at.If I remember correctly,these two graves are the only ones there. Jemima Franklin McCoy Wakefield's grave is at findagrave.com.Just enter Jemima Wakefied,died 1854,Franklin Co.,TN and you will find it.This reference says the cemetary is the Vanzant Cemetary.Unfortunately,the person who submitted this entry didn't submit an entry for William Griffin.When I was there years ago,I photographed his grave,but I can't find the photograph.He was born in 1741 and died 1816.They are my 4th great-grandparents.My name is Bruce Jacob Lacy Jr.e-mail address is Bruciej@iwon.com,phone number 4239261907
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions