Search for content in message boards

Farrell >Ire>Tremont PA>Tx

Farrell >Ire>Tremont PA>Tx

Jackie (View posts)
Posted: 7 Oct 2003 8:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Farrell
I have been in contact with Catholic Church in Tremont and have access to marriage and burial records from there. One, John Farrell buried there in family plot. Immigrated from Ireland to Tremont PA about 1855 with his sons. Died there about 1865. My family comes from his son Andrew. Andrew's son, also named John, was scorned by the girl he wished to married and he John traveled to TX and lived with his Uncle for several years. Interesting coincidence? The younger John ultimately returned to Schuylkill County and died in a mine cave in August 2, 1913. I have established the John, the elders, sons were Daniel, Michael, Francis, Andrew and there were at least 2 daughters. It would be interesting to find your John's relationship to this family.
Jackie

Re: Farrell >Ire>Tremont PA>Tx

Cheryl (View posts)
Posted: 22 Feb 2004 12:57PM GMT
I have some of the newspaper articles from this mine accident if interested in a copy. My husband's great uncle also died from the result of the accident. Email me @ raggs@ptd.net if interested.

Posted: 28 Apr 2005 12:18AM GMT
I am a descendent of John Farrell of Tremont through Michael.

Posted: 19 Dec 2009 9:53PM GMT
Surnames: Farrell
I am a descendant of John Farrell, but I think he's a different John Farrell. He was born in Queens, Ireland in about 1829. Parents John Farrell and Mary Quinn (TX death certificate). He emigrated to the US in 1855 (from 1900 census). He is in the Tremont census in 1860. In 1870 he is in the Tremont census with his wife, Johanna Doran Cavanaugh, and three children, Thomas, Mary and Michael. He moved the family to Seguin, Guadalupe, Texas about 1877 and died there in 1910. His other children were Alice, Nellie and Richard.

His son Michael, my great-grandfather, had a middle name of Francis. I know there was a Francis Farrell living in Tremont, and I've always tried to find the connection. There are also two John Farrells in the 1860 Tremont census, so I think my John is one and yours is the other? Who was the uncle in Texas the John stayed with?
Any light you can shed would be helpful. I would be happy to share everything I have on this. Joan

Posted: 20 Dec 2009 7:36PM GMT
I am also a descendant of John Farrell and wife, Johanna Doran Cavanaugh Farrell. I have a lot of information on this family and their descesdants. My grandmother was Martha Alice Farrell who married Zedac Huber.

I also am very interested in the uncle mentioned in the post on the Schuylkill board, I think.

I am very interested in sharing information with you.

Please contact me at: JBruce4@aol.com

Thank you,
Kathy Huber Bruce

Posted: 31 Mar 2011 2:32PM GMT
Hi Jackie,
I really hope you get this message. It seems that we are related. Francis Farrell is my 3rd great-grandfather. I have hit a brick wall with going back further than that. Would so appreciate any additional info. about the Farrells. You mention a family plot at the Imm. Conc. Church in Tremont. I want to take a road trip up there - I live about 1 1/2 hrs. away. Do you know the location of the plot? Thanks in advance for any info,
Melinda

Posted: 14 Nov 2012 4:21AM GMT
Jackie do you have a time frame for the John who visited an uncle in Texas?
Also do you have any idea of the name of the uncle or do you know anyone that might have an answer.
Do you if the uncle was a FARRELL or was the uncle on his mother's side.

Thank you,
Kathy Huber Bruce

Posted: 19 Jun 2013 9:27AM GMT
I am a descendent of the other John Farrell. From what I can figure mine was your's uncle. My great grandfather was Micheal Francis Farrell born 1841 in queens Co. Ireland. I found the family plot in Tremont. timfarrell0@gmail.com

Posted: 19 Jun 2013 9:28AM GMT
Is this cousin Joe? timfarrell0@gmail.com

Posted: 19 Jun 2013 9:29AM GMT
I have found the family plot in Tremont.timfarrell0@gmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions