Search for content in message boards

Joseph O'Rourke

Joseph O'Rourke

Carol Tarver (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jul 2006 12:04AM GMT
Hello.

Planning a family trip to Ireland, looking for any information that anyone may have for:

Joseph O'Rourke
B. Jan 19, 1796, Armagh Co., Ireland
D. June 13, 1844, Ft. Adams, MS

Family history states he and his brothers were conscripted by the English from Ireland to fight in the War of 1812.

Any info, greatly appreciated!!!

Re: Joseph O'Rourke

chris o rourke (View posts)
Posted: 6 Aug 2006 5:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Joe
contac the National War Museum in london England
They can give you a list of researchers who for a fee may be able to find your ancestors military records if you have name /date/plave of birth in Ireland

Posted: 7 Aug 2006 1:29PM GMT
Surnames: Rork, Rorke, O'Rourke, Gibson
Do you have more info on him, such as who he married and his children. My ggggrandfather was Joseph Rork, born in 1818 in County Cavan. His parents were William Carlton O'Rourke and Isabella Gibson O'Rourke. They emigrated sometime before 1820 as two other boys were born in Essex County, NY in 1820 and 1823. I am always looking for connections.

Posted: 7 Aug 2006 1:29PM GMT
Surnames: Rork, Rorke, O'Rourke, Gibson
Do you have more info on him, such as who he married and his children. My ggggrandfather was Joseph Rork, born in 1818 in County Cavan. His parents were William Carlton O'Rourke and Isabella Gibson O'Rourke. They emigrated sometime before 1820 as two other boys were born in Essex County, NY in 1820 and 1823. I am always looking for connections.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic