Search for content in message boards

SS. Ormonde 1951-1952

SS. Ormonde 1951-1952

Posted: 8 Jun 2005 1:12AM GMT
Classification: Immigration
Hello, I hope someone can help me. My father traveled to Australia from England aboard the ormonde in either 51 or 52 [ I've asked him and he cant remember witch one] It was a memerable voyage for him and would bring a smile to his face. His name is Tom stevenson and a passenger list and / or stories from this time would be most gratful. Yours truly, Tom Stevenson jr.

Re: SS. Ormonde 1951-1952

Posted: 11 Apr 2007 10:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello, Having a bit of trouble with my pc so I hope you get this. Turns out my dad did leave in 51 on the same voyage. I sat down with him and we were able to figure it out. Heck of a trip for a young man to make back then.
Hope to hear from you. Tom.

Posted: 11 Apr 2007 10:31PM GMT
Hello, Having a bit of trouble with my pc so I hope you get this. Turns out my dad did leave in 51 on the same voyage. I sat down with him and we were able to figure it out. Heck of a trip for a young man to make back then.
Hope to hear from you. Tom.

Posted: 21 May 2007 4:24AM GMT
My father also travelled to Australia on th SS Ormonde he said they left Tilbury Docks, London on 16/01/1952 and arrived in Brisbane on 23/02/1952. Hope this is helpful to you. If you manage to come across a passenger list for that journey I would love it if you could pass it on to me. My father is Sydney Ashworth and he was from Accrington, Lancashire.

Regards Karryn

Posted: 20 Jun 2008 9:48AM GMT
G'day All, just found this site and it would appear that Iwas on the same outward journey 'Voyage 73 Out' according to all the documentation that I have. I was 2 y.o my late Mum had kept all this information, good to find others who shared the same journey. I know I threw my wind up Hornby loco into the Indian Ocean, gee I wish I hadn't as my G/father had given it to me, anyway cheers for now Dennis

Posted: 5 May 2009 6:37AM GMT
Well hello there it's your sister looking for Dad's info too and found lots of info on the Ashworth family in England but no passenger list. If you wish to contact me feel free I.m doing the family tree. It's been a long time and I found this message in my search along the way surprise surprise.
Janice

Posted: 6 May 2009 3:27PM GMT
Surnames: ASHWORTH
TO FLOSSY61

Mr S ASHWORTH
a farm worker
Date of departure: 10 January 1952
Port of departure: London
ADDRESS: 131 HAYWOOD ROAD, ACCRINGTON, LANCS
Passenger destination port: Brisbane, Australia
Passenger destination: Brisbane, Australia
Date of Birth: 1929 (calculated from age)
Marital status:
Sex: Male

Posted: 6 May 2009 3:29PM GMT
TO TSTSTEVENSON

If you can give me dad's rough DOB I will look on the Passenger list

Posted: 7 May 2009 12:47AM GMT
Surnames: Ashworth
OMG what a surprise - I will give you my email address so you can write to me and fill me in on your life over the past 15 or so years and I will do the same in return.

I haven't found much info - haven't really had the time to put into it that I should. Perhaps we can swap info and see how we go. I started looking for Ashworth Family and ended up with stacks of stuff on mum's family - Stewart.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Love Karryn

Posted: 7 May 2009 1:08AM GMT
Janice I don't want to put my personal email address on here as it is very public. Try searching for me on facebook - you will find me under my married name with my name spelt with the 2 r's. If you don't have a facebook account, join as it is a great way to keep in contact quickly.

Let me know if you have any problems

Karryn
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions