Search for content in message boards

SABOURIN

Posted: 13 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Aug 2002 12:53PM GMT
Surnames: SABOURIN
I am looking for information on the Sabourin family that settled in the Alexandria area. Any information would be appreciated. Thank you!

It's a start!

Marcel Valade (View posts)
Posted: 29 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Sabourin
My greatgrandmother was Rosina Sabourin she married Ovila Roy in Lochiel 3 july 1899 daughter of George Sabourin and Louise Théorêt from Ste-Marthe, province of Québec. If this the line your looking for write back!

Re: It's a start!

Posted: 26 Nov 2001 5:18PM GMT
Edited: 29 Dec 2001 1:08AM GMT
I am looking for the Theoret family of Glen Robertson who came from Ste-Marthe. Celanie Salomee Theoret married Joseph Belair Sept. 2, 1867, Ste Marthe. Do you have these people in your line?
Thanks,
Roseanne

Re: SABOURIN

Paul Sabourin (View posts)
Posted: 13 Dec 2001 12:33AM GMT
Hi, I am a Sabourin from the Alexandria area. My Father is Bert Sabourin (Albert) married to Lorraine Laporte. My grandfather was George Sabourin married to Emma Lalonde. He operated the butcher shop with a partner family name of Meloche. The shop closed this year. If I can be of help do not hesitate to contact me.
Posted: 16 Dec 2001 12:09AM GMT
Edited: 7 Oct 2006 10:29PM GMT
Surnames: SAbourin
Hi , I am looking for relatives of David & Georigana [Chevrier] Sabourin. They lived in VanKleek Hill and had several children. One of them being a George Sabourin was wondering if your George was related to these people. David's father was Toussaint Sabourin. Have hit a very big brick wall here so anything you can give me would be appreciated. Just send to e-mail address. Thanks.

Paul Sabourin (View posts)
Posted: 23 Dec 2001 2:52AM GMT
Well don't know if this will help you. My grandfather was George Sabourin. Nick name of "Dick". He was married to Emma Lalonde.
I don't know who his father was but will ask my elders to see if they can help. Not many of them left. He died sometime before 1950 so I never knew him.
He had seveal children. Dick, Alphonse, Bella. Laurier, Rolland, Rosanna, and Bert, (my father). He ran the butcher shop on Main St. in Alexandria. I can not tell you where he is from.
My grandmother lived until she was 96 years old. She died in 1982. Maybe this will help you out.
Let me know. You can e-mail me if you like.

Paul

Posted: 10 Nov 2004 6:08AM GMT
Hi Paul,
I have reason to believe you may be related to my husband Alphonse. I have seen that you have both Lalondes' and Sabourin connections in your family tree. My husband also has Lalonde and Sabourin family he comes from the Greenfield, Alexanderia, Area of Ontario and says that his unlce was the butcher in Alexanderia in the 1940's and possibly in the 1950's I belive from a posting that this was your father. My husbands father was Adelard Joseph Sabourin his mother was Rose Ellen Lalonde. If this matches any informatin you may have could you please contact me a jeweltones@shaw.ca.
Dianne Sabourin

Linda (View posts)
Posted: 11 Nov 2004 5:36PM GMT
I have an Alphonse Sabourin in my Iine that was married to a Theresa MacDonald, d/o John Angus MacDonald and Mary MacDougald. I have no birth, marriage or death dates, but Mary MacDougald's parents were Ann MacDonald and Ranald MacDougald m. 1875. Any connection?

Dianne Sabourin (View posts)
Posted: 12 Nov 2004 3:49AM GMT
Hi Linda.
Sorry but my Alphonse is alive and well. If you are looking for Sabourin Lines contact Mo Sabourin from My Family Sabourin Family Site. We have over 74,ooo names on our family trees dating from the first Sabourin to come to Canada. Your Alphonse may be there. You could also try posting a query to Noel Alphonse Sabourin on this board he may be able to give you the info you are looking for.

Jeannine Yelle (View posts)
Posted: 26 Feb 2005 2:28AM GMT
Hi Paul,
My mother Alice Elizabeth Sabourin was born in Alexandria
she is the daughter of Alphonse Ben Sabourin son of
Ben Sabourin and Gina Sabourin?
My granfather Alphonse Ben Sabourin had 5 brothers and 2
sisters.
One of the brothers name was Georges Sabourin born 4 May 1886

I have no records who is wife was.
Hoping to hear from you soon.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions