Search for content in message boards

BREAZEALE, SUMNERS, JINKS

BREAZEALE, SUMNERS, JINKS

Tim Hudson (View posts)
Posted: 17 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BREAZEALE, BRAZEAL, SUMNERS, JINKS
Interested in information on Hosea Bright Breazeale (1813-1891) and his wife Sarah Elizabeth Mayfield (1817-1888), who moved to Spearsville, Union Par LA in 1867 from Union Co AR. They were both born in Pendleton Dist SC and moved with their families to Tuscaloosa Co AL in about 1824, where they married in 1836. Both were Primitive Baptists. Would like information on all their children, especially dau. Laura Agness Breazeale, who married first to John Sumners and next to Thad Jinks.

Summers, Breazeale

Jeffery McKinnon (View posts)
Posted: 14 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Summers, Breazeale, Jinks
I am a g-grandson of Laura Agnes Breazeale and James Ellis Buchanan Sumners (Summers). They had eight children: Eula, Beulah, Marshall, Laura(Lucci), Ada(my grandmother), Minnie, Willie, And the youngest was Robert. J.E.B. Sumners was born on 12-21-1858 according to a family Bible And died in 1899. Sorry I don't have the date. Some say he died before Robert was born and some say 3 months after he was born. He is buried in Caledonia Cemetary along with Beulah and Willie but his stone has been broken off at the base and is gone. Laura married Thad Jinks and had at least two daughters by him. She left her other children to marry Mr. Jinks and they went to live with the oldest son, Marshall. My grandmother married George Franklin "Bud" Goodson and they had eight children: Robbie(girl), Joe, Letha, Ellis( died at 18 months from diptheria), Jewel, Nellie Ruth, Sadie, and Sue (my mother). I also know that according to a family Bible that J.E.B.'s parents were John Paul Summers(Sumners) and Mary E. Alphin but I have never been able to find out anything else about them. I have some other information on the other children of Laura and J.E.B. but it is not complete. E-mail me if I can help.

Jinks connection

Posted: 18 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Aug 2001 7:04PM GMT
Surnames: Jinks
I'm interested in your Thad Jinks, as I track a Jinks line out of Taylor county GA.

Is there anything in your notes that would give a clue as to their marriage date...or who Thad was or where he was from?

Thanks.

Re: Jinks connection

Posted: 17 Jan 2002 6:57AM GMT
Virginia: John Thaddeus Jinks was relative. Born July 30, 1869. Died February 27, 1965. Father Burton Kimber Jinks/Mother Eliza Wells. BKJ father was Isaac Washington Jinks Sr. ISW Sr father Matthew Jinks. Does this help? Do you know who Ann Jinks widow with four sons-married Joseph Mathews-was. Who was husband Jinks and father of four sons named Joseph, Mathew, Burrel and John?

Posted: 23 Jan 2002 3:47AM GMT
I also have 2 more siblings, William Lydo, BD 12/16/1851, Jesse E, BD. 5/6/1871. Are my records right?

Posted: 25 Jan 2002 7:55PM GMT
Benita: contact me at email. John Thaddeus Jinks, and Jesse E Jinks were only two of Burton Kimber Jinks' children. He had 5 sons and 3 or 4 daughters.

Re: BREAZEALE, SUMNERS, JINKS

Posted: 25 Jan 2002 8:04PM GMT
Tim: At Camp Creek Cemetery there is a small marker beside my great uncle, John Thaddeus Jinks, called Thad, bearing the name Emma Agness. We have assumed for years that her last name was Agness. They had three children. Myrtle b.July 27, 1907 d. Dec l 1907; Gladys A b. abt 1909, and a Thelda. Tombstone says Emm Agness born Aug 9, 1870 d. Oct 8, 1958. Does this help?

Posted: 26 Jan 2002 2:12PM GMT
Edited: 10 Mar 2005 9:28PM GMT
In regards to Thad Jinks I do not have much info. However, I can tell you that one of his daughters was Alberta, my gr-grandmother. She was born July 28, 1891 and died June 20, 1982, in Farmerville, LA. She is buried in Beech Grove Cemetery in Spearsville, LA. She maried John F. Taylor on February 24, 1909. I have heard that Thad Jinks (along with several other Jinks') are buried somewhere around Schwartz, LA, which is located just north of Monroe, LA. Unfortunately, this is all the info I have on Alberta or Thad Jinks. Can anyone shed anymore light on this? Thanks in advance, Marc

Re: Summers, Breazeale

Posted: 9 Jul 2003 11:47PM GMT
is yor sumners a black family? i'm looking for a winnie or minnie sumners that had a daughter name ethel bailey born 06/07/1925

Posted: 21 Jun 2004 6:34AM GMT
Marc,

I was recently at the Beech Grove Cemetery and have a picture of John and Alberta Taylor's headstone. If you are interested, email me privately at Sallyc720@sbcglobal.net.

Sally Culver
per page

Find a board about a specific topic