Search for content in message boards

Jesse STATON and others

Jesse STATON and others

Lucy Barron (View posts)
Posted: 25 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: STATON, COBURN, COCKBURN, NORCOTT, ROSS, BELL, EVERETT, REDDEN, READING, JONES
I am interested in the descendants of Jesse STATON, b.ca.1740-1748. He married 3 times: 1st to Elizabeth (was she a READING/REDDEN?, JONES), 2nd to Absilla (BELL) LAWRENCE (widow of John and daughter of Joshua BELL), and 3rd to Rebecca EVERETT?. Were all children by Elizabeth? I descend from two of his sons: Frederick and Thomas.

Frederick married Priscilla COBURN ca 1798 and removed to Anson Co. along with kinsmen James ROSS and Francis COBURN. Who were Priscilla's parents? Was she daughter of Andrew and Mary (NOR(TH)COTT/NORKET) CO(CK)BURN?

Thomas died in Pitt Co. His son James (b.1800) was apprenticed to Frederick after Thomas' death. James married Frederick's daughter Maniza STATON. Who was Thomas' wife? Were there other children besides James?

Charles Neely Coburn

Charlene Coburn Renollet (View posts)
Posted: 11 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: COBURN, COCKBURN, GILMORE, ROSS, MORRISON
I am looking for the ancestors of my grandfather CHARLES NEELY COBURN b.8 Jan 1890 d.3 Aug.1945 who had brothers: CLYDE COBURN, BEDFORD COBURN, WALTER COBURN and a sister LENA HARVEY who were from Tennessee or Martin County N.C. Looking for their father and mothers name - possibly William Coburn and Mary Gilmore? Also possible connection to Cherokee through a grandmother. This family lived in S.E. Missouri Dunklin County Mo in the 1900's but all have died now.

Cockburn/coburn

Ernestine (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: coburn, Fury, reynolds, palmer, allen, hayes, miller, johnson, alter, stone, ball, morrison, coburn, fureigh
Francis Coburn had a brother by the name of Andrew. They moved to Anson County N.C. from Martin County, Al. which is now union county. Francis also had a daughter who married a James Ross. And a granddaughter who was married to Cobb/tt.
I,m sure we are related but I do not have all of George Cockburn's children's children. Francis and Andrew were George Cockburn sons a long with John, Christine married Mckien,Mary married to Eason, Elizabeth married to Anderson, Ann also married an Anderson. Andrew died before 1799. Have More on Franics if you want?

Francis

Stephanie Coburn Hammonds (View posts)
Posted: 14 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Coburn, Cockburn
Hello. I am researching my Coburn ancestors and I came across your query. I am also descended from this line and I would like more info on Francis. I would be happy to share what info I have. I have not been searching in Martin Co. I did not have Andrew listed as Francis' brother. I did have these names listed as his sibs: Christine, Mary, George Jr., Elizabeth, Ann, and John. I do have more info on some of these including lists of children.

Hope to hear from you,
Stephanie Coburn Hammonds

Bad email address?

Posted: 15 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 10:08AM GMT
Surnames: Coburn
Ernestine,

The email address you have given on this query is bouncing. Could you please check your typing and send the correction to me directly (not on this query list). I will repair the problem for you.

Thanks!
E. Ross, Martin Co. coordinator

Correction to Jesse STATON query

Lucy Barron (View posts)
Posted: 27 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: STATON, JACKSON, BENNETT, SHERROD
I have made some inroads on this line since posting the query on "Jesse STATON and others". I believe Jesse's first wife was Sally or Sarah Ann JACKSON, daughter of William and Mary JACKSON of Bertie and Martin Co. Need supporting evidence of this relationship other than William JACKSON's will.

Who was Elizabeth STATON the wife of?

I believe Thomas STATON, son of Jesse and Sarah (JACKSON) STATON moved to Tennessee ca 1816. He was a certified chain carrier or surveyor of some kind. He probably had children named: Eli, Bennett, Harvey, James, Sally and possibly Redden, and Bythal and Cinderella. Anyone have more info. on this man?

Bennett and Thomas are in Gibson Co., TN by 1827 (deeds) having possibly been in Carroll Co., TN before. Bennett's firstname suggests that Thomas may have married first a BENNETT. Thomas and several sons are on the 1830 census of Gibson Co., TN. By 1840, most of his sons have moved to Tallahatchie Co., MS.

Re: Correction to Jesse STATON query

Robert W. Boehner (View posts)
Posted: 27 Aug 2002 6:18PM GMT
I have a Sarah Staton, daughter of Jesse Staton and Rebecca Everett, who married a Mr. Manning abt 1791 in Edgecombe County, North Carolina. She was born 1770/1775 in Edgecombe County, NC Is she your relation?

Re: Charles Neely Coburn

Posted: 29 Aug 2012 3:40AM GMT
Surnames: Coburn
Hi I am your third cousin 2xs removed..
William J
Isaac Newton
Bascomb l
Isabel Madeline
Sharon Rae
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions