Search for content in message boards

TUIAVII

TUIAVII

LIMA (View posts)
Posted: 26 Oct 2001 10:22AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Jul 2005 4:48AM GMT
Surnames: Tuiavii
LOOKING FOR ANY AND ALL FAMILY HISTORY ON FALENIKO "TUIAVII" IN TI'AVEA, WESTERN SAMOA.

ANYONE W/ ANY INFO PLEASE REPLY

Re: TUIAVII

Narlene & Falaniko Ioane (View posts)
Posted: 14 Nov 2001 6:52AM GMT
Edited: 27 Jul 2005 4:50AM GMT
Surnames: Toaiga, Tui'avii, Tuiloma
(Husband) Falaniko is from Amaile - coastal village next to Tia'vea. Know the Tui'avii family very well. They had a shop in Samusu. The head of the family those days (1960s-1990s) was Tui'avii and Toaiga. A hard working well off family in the Aleipata district those times.
Falaniko's father is MOEAO IOANE TUILOMA, he has gone to his maker but if alive today would be 86. The Tui'avii we speak of was from that age group.

Our family have extensive lands in Tia'vea (plantations), Tui'avii also had land nearby, plus cattle and other livestock.

Not sure, though if the Falaniko Tui'avii you're searching for is a son, brother or nephew, depends on his age. Tui'avii is a big family in Aleipata.

Not sure if any of this is helpful, but good luck with your search.

fm Narlene & Falaniko Ioane
Waiwhetu
LOWER HUTT - NZ

Lima (View posts)
Posted: 16 Nov 2001 4:48AM GMT
Edited: 27 Jul 2005 4:51AM GMT
Surnames: Malaesala, Tuiavii
~Hello Narlene and Falaniko~

Thank You so much for the information. :)

The Faleniko that I am speaking of is my Grandfather and I'm not too sure how old he would be now, I'm guessing about 80 something. My Grandfather passed away many, many years ago in Western Samoa, my Father was just a child and has very little memory of him and of any (Tuiavii and Malaesala) family. I do know that they ran a shop and had lots of land, but i do not know where exactly.

Some of the Family moved to New Zealand..

I'm not sure, but I think that Malaesala is part of the same (Tuiavii) family, or something like that. If this sounds familiar then please reply.

Re: "TUIAVII"

Narlene & Falaniko (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jan 2002 6:06AM GMT
Talofa - sori not to respond earlier, been on holiday. Sounds like you need to go there to find your answers. The Tui'avii family are still strong there so it won't be a wasted trip. Maybe write first. Good luck

Linda (View posts)
Posted: 22 Nov 2002 1:27PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jul 2005 4:52AM GMT
Surnames: Tuiavii, Vao
Do you by any chance know of Kuresa Amosa Tuiavii, father of 5 children to Sauiluma who died during childbirth on Dec 18th 1940? The child survived and is the youngest boy of the marriage and my father, but he knows little else of his mother other than her name, he was adopted by the midwife Va'asa Vao and lived most of his childhood in Apia, before coming to NZ in his late teens. His father re-married again to Emi who not only brought up his 4 siblings ( Samoa, Pola, Alauni, & Tia) but also bore him children as well. Most of this family now live in Wellington. Can anyone help me with this, I am desperate to find out more about my maternal grandmother. Any information about my maternal grandparents would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: 28 Mar 2006 1:02AM GMT
Edited: 28 Mar 2006 1:32AM GMT
hello there, i have seen your message on one of the roots web and i came across you were looking for your tuiavii family??i know it was published back in 2002...but i am just wanting to know who you are??...because....my grandmother is actually Tia!...sauiluma and samoas daughter! small world huh??..but yea, heres my email adress and my contact number is 00642702292842 or 02102292842 if you've already found some family members sorry for this late reply but would good to see how we are connected!

take care Chanelle

Linda (View posts)
Posted: 28 Mar 2006 12:11PM GMT
Hi Chanelle,
Tia is my aunty, so your brothers are...David & Douglas? I cant remember your older brothers names, but I do know your mum. She is my dads older sister, my dads name is Pili and he lives in Auckland. I am trying to find out more about Sauiluma, her village, her maiden name that sort of thing, do you know much about her?

Posted: 25 Apr 2006 7:28AM GMT
hello Linda...No I am not Tia's daughter...im her grand daughter...im Fatas eldest and only daughter, but was brought up by my grandmother. Wow, your uncle Pili's daughter??...cool! I haven't seen him for years. Please send them our love, i have no contact with any of our family in Auckland...if there are any contact details you could give me that would be great. My email is taulelei06@hotmail.com. I dont know much about grandmas mum..sorry....but i could ask the oldies down here if you like. Take care and hope to hear from you soon. PS: There is a copy of the family tree here ill see if i can have a look then ill get back to you

Linda Busby (View posts)
Posted: 25 Apr 2006 8:51AM GMT
Hi Chanelle,
I cant believe you are her grand daughter, I cant really remember Fata, I can barely remember her sons except Douglas and David, only because I am around the same age. My dad is rapt to hear that I have been in contact. My email is tuicall25@gmail.com, please feel free to email me any time at all. Mum and Dad are fine, they have only just left me, they came to spend time with the kids and to catch up. I can find out more information on any one here if you want. I am so rapt to hear from you. Your grandmother was my favourite aunty, she loved me alot and I loved her back just as much. So what do you do, how old are you, how is your grandad, your dad, your uncles? So many questions.... hope to hear from you soon,
kind regards
Linda

Posted: 25 Jan 2007 7:56AM GMT
Surnames: Tuiloma, Olive, Anetele'a
Hello, I'm am looking for information on Tuiloma from the villiage of Ailepata. My father past away 11 years ago and never had the chance to discuss his family history with his kids. I am desperately looking for any information about his ancestry/genealogy. Thank you in advance for any information. My name is Theresa Papali'i. Anyone can e-mail me at rick49ner@yahoo.com. His name that I always known him was Tenisio Anetele'a Olive. I think Tuiloma was a family matai name.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic