Search for content in message boards

Walter Gurney

Walter Gurney

Posted: 25 Oct 2002 1:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for information on Walter Gurney born in Bermondsey, London c1870. He is not in the 1901 census and may possibly have followed siblings to the U.S.A.

Does this name connect with anyone?

Regards

Anne Bennett

Re: Walter Gurney

jane (View posts)
Posted: 2 Mar 2003 9:39PM GMT
My father was born in 1920, in South London. His father's name was (I believe) Walter Gurney.

Anne Bennett (View posts)
Posted: 2 Mar 2003 9:53PM GMT
Dear Jane

Can you give me any background to your Gurney history, we are fur Gurney cousins, scatted between the U.K. and Australia and if you can let us have some background to your Gurney history we can possibly give you a lot of help.

Regards

Anne

jane (View posts)
Posted: 2 Mar 2003 10:06PM GMT
I do not have a lot of detail, without some thought. Walter died in his 40's I think, and his wife, Grace, re-married. His children would have been John Sutton, born 1910, Winifred Kathleen ?, Geoffrey?, Douglas Earle 1920, and another little girl who died when very young. John had two children, living in UK now, Winifred (Freda) died without children, Geoffrey moved to Canada, and later USA (two children living there now), Douglas, moved to Australia 1964 - no male descendents. I could not give more information without the permission of those involved.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions