Search for content in message boards

John HARRIES/HARRIS b. Pembrey, Carmarthenshire or Swansea, Glamorganshire, Wales circa 1886

John HARRIES/HARRIS b. Pembrey, Carmarthenshire or Swansea, Glamorganshire, Wales circa 1886

Melanie Harries (View posts)
Posted: 4 May 2000 3:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Oct 2009 5:29PM GMT
Surnames: Harries, Harris
I'm looking for any descendents of John HARRIES a minister (probably methodist) who emigrated to US from 1900-1930.

He is supposed to have had only daughters.

Could have gone anywhere. Family suggestions include Canada, Australia, and USA (California, Pennsylvannia and New York State) Take your pick.

I am the great granddaughter of William HARRIES, brother of the above John. Their father's name was Edward HARRIES/HARRIS (variously spelt) and their mother was Elizabeth (nee REES).

Family originated in West Wales. Carmarthenshire (Pembrey, Trimsaran areas) then moved to Swansea for a few years and then on to Pontypridd, Glamorganshire.

I remember my gran telling me that some descendents had contacted her as and had come to visit and to ask about the family.

Any information gratefully received.

Melanie Harries
pleidiol@hotmail.com

Posted: 7 Jun 2000 7:04PM GMT
Edited: 7 Oct 2009 5:30PM GMT
There is a grave markers in a cemetery in Meigs Co. Oh. with the names of John Harris
b Mar 14, 1830 in Pembrokeshire South Wales, died Aug !7, 1897; wife Gwennie Smith b April 10, 1827 Merthyr Tyovil Glanmorganshire South Wales d/o John Smith d July 14. 1907. John was a miner and they are in Meigs Co. Ohio 1870 and 1880 census. Hope this helps as I am researching Harris, John Franklin Harris of Meigs Co Oh b Nov 22, 1875 mrd Samantha "Ann' Howell and wonder if John is of the same family.

leigh hughes (View posts)
Posted: 9 Mar 2001 8:19AM GMT
Edited: 7 Oct 2009 5:30PM GMT
Hi Melanie,my mother says we are related as William Harries is her grandfather,her mother was sarah ann harries, she said your father is david, her cousin.
If this is correct please let me know.
thanks Leigh Hughes

Melanie Harries (View posts)
Posted: 9 Mar 2001 10:30AM GMT
Edited: 7 Oct 2009 5:31PM GMT
Could be. Which Leigh are you? There are three I know of? Are you the son of Thomas and Mona Patricia Hughes?

If so, then yes, we are second cousins.

Melanie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic