Search for content in message boards

Joseph Ramage and Elizabeth Bourland

Joseph Ramage and Elizabeth Bourland

Pam (View posts)
Posted: 18 Aug 2002 5:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ramage, Bourland
Does anyone know anything about this Elizabeth Bourland who married Joseph Ramage? Someone sent me that her father was William Bourland and Mary? But I am not sure about this. Any info would be helpful.
Thank you

Re: Joseph Ramage and Elizabeth Bourland

Racheal (View posts)
Posted: 1 Sep 2002 4:31PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2003 2:37PM GMT
Surnames: Ramage, Bourland, Sparks, Bonds, Wesson, Dabage
I saw your message and thought how helpful it would be for me to get more info on my ancestors, so here is some information, but not much. it has been difficult for me to find info on Elizabeth, also.

She was born abt. 1750/1760. Joseph Ramage married Elizabeth Bourland, a daughter of William and Mary Bourland. The Bourland family lived in what is now Laurens County, South Carolina. Joseph Ramage received a 239 acre grant on 2 April 1786, in what is now Laurens County, South Carolina. Capt. Joseph Ramage and his wife, Elizabeth, lived on this land until Capt. Joseph Ramage died in 1825. Following his death, Elizabeth moved to nearby Newberry County, South Carolina and lived with her son, John Ramage, and his family. These are their children: James Ramage, John Ramage, Mary Sparks, Jane Bonds, Robert Ramage, Elizebeth Wesson, Jesse Ramage, Joseph Ramage, J. L. Ramage, and Rebecca Dabage."

that is all the information i have found so far. If i find more i'll kepp you update. feel free to e-mail me any time for info.

Re: Joseph Ramage and Elizabeth Bourland

Posted: 29 Sep 2004 3:30AM GMT
Elizabeth Bourland was the daughter of William Bourland and Mary Dean. Elizabeth died 8 Jul 1827 in Newberry county, SC.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic