Search for content in message boards

James STOGSDILL-Phelps Co. MO

James STOGSDILL-Phelps Co. MO

Posted: 7 May 2002 6:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: STOGSDILL, RILEY
I am looking for info on James W. Stogsdill married to Martha RILEY. Any help?

Re: James STOGSDILL-Phelps Co. MO

Posted: 26 Aug 2003 3:34AM GMT
Edited: 25 Oct 2003 5:09AM GMT
Hello,

My grandmother was a Stogsdill, and I'm just looking to make connections with anyone with any local Stogsdill history.

Frances

Lanita Sconce Miller (View posts)
Posted: 26 Aug 2003 12:53PM GMT
Surnames: STOGSDILL, COUCH
I have found that the Missouri STOGSDILLS are off of William STOGSDILL and Melinda COUCH [of which I am a descendant]. There is a JAMES in my info that I have very little about.

Contact me at:

ozarkn@southwind.net

I have alot on the family. Would be willing to exchange info.

Lanita

Posted: 30 Aug 2003 2:12AM GMT
Who was your grandmother? My ggrandmother was Mabel Stogsdill daughter of James and Martha.

Posted: 30 Aug 2003 3:13AM GMT
Edited: 25 Oct 2003 5:09AM GMT
Surnames: Stogsdill,Kelsay/Kelsey,Towell,Fraizer
Hi,

My grandmother was Nellie Stogsdill, daughter of Benjamin Franklin (Frank) and Frances Ellen(Kelsay) Stogsdill. Nellie and most of her siblings were born in Zebra, (now under the lake, near Linn Creek), Camdon County, MO. Nellie was the 11th of 13 children and was born in 1918. Frank was the son of David and Sarah F. (Towell) Stogsdill and was born in Phelps County about 1874. Frances Ellen Kelsay was the daughter of John Preston and Serena (Frazier/Fraser)Kelsay. Can you help me with me with any information and history of the Stogsdill's, the Towell family, or maybe the Kelsay's at possibly, aim me in the right direction?

Posted: 31 Aug 2003 3:55PM GMT
Surnames: Stogsdill, Hargis, Null, Williams, Beavis, Brinson, Hambleton
Sandra- Did your Mable happen to marry a James Stogsdill? I have a gg aunt Mabel Stogsdill that married a James Stogsdill.

Posted: 31 Aug 2003 6:14PM GMT
Edited: 16 Apr 2006 10:48PM GMT
Surnames: Stogsdill, Fenton, Leslie
My great grandfather is James Stogsdill who married Mary Lavonia Brown 22 Oct 1868 in Phelps Co. MO. I have so little information on James, and am planning a trip to Phelps Co. next month. Carleton Stogsdill listed James as being born in Al., but all of the census say he was born in IN. James and Mary had 4 children, William Dell b. 12 Aug 1869, Horace b. 7 Feb 1871, Mary b. 1873 d. 1873, and my grandmother Sarah Ann b. 4 Dec 1874. James Stogsdill d. 10 Oct 1875. If this sounds familiar to anyone, please email me.

Posted: 1 Sep 2003 2:14AM GMT
Stacy,
My ggrandmother Mabel was the daughter of James Washington Stogsdill and Martha (Mattie) Riley. She married Albert Franklin McCain. James was born 1860. Martha was born 1870. Mabel was born 1893.
Sandi

Posted: 1 Sep 2003 2:23PM GMT
Sandi-

Not the same Mabel. My Mabel was also born about 1893, but was the daughter of Horace Stogsdill and Sarah Randolph. She married a cousin, James Stogsdill in Phelps County.

Stacey
per page

Find a board about a specific topic