Search for content in message boards

John Van Buren, from MN

John Van Buren, from MN

Posted: 17 Sep 2002 6:15AM GMT
Classification: Query
My grandfather was John Van Buren, born July 17, 1917. He died August 11, 1965. He married Elaine Marcella Swenson. We think my great-grandfather was been named Albert. My father believes Albert may have been from Iowa. If anyone has any information whatsoever on an Albert or John Van Buren that could be applicable, it would be greatly appreciated.

Re: John Van Buren, from MN

Armond Hathaway (View posts)
Posted: 21 Apr 2003 5:46PM GMT
My first cousin is John Ellis Van Buren. His father was
John Ellis Van Buren, who died around 1977. He is a Black Man, but John Ellis Van Buren is half Mexican and Black.

I have a picture of an older white lady and a little black bor or girl on her lap and on the back of the picture it say
martin van buren.

Do you have a connection with the president's family.

John Ellis Van Buren lived and died in San Antonio, Texas
and John his son was born in San Antonio, Texas, but now
possibly lives in California.

Thanks for your help.

Armond Hathaway

Posted: 24 Aug 2003 9:28AM GMT
No. It seems his father was Albert, who was born in 1975 or so.

Posted: 24 Sep 2008 3:13PM GMT
Surnames: Van Buren/Hathaway
Does the John Ellis Van Buren you refer to (1/2Black, 1/2Mexican) have a brother named Frederick? Are you related to Gladys Hathaway? If so, you are my husband's first cousin.John is his brother. Their father was Frederick Leroy Van Buren,Sr. The elder John Ellis Van Buren was their grandfather. His wife was Minnie Lou Van Buren. Martin Van Buren (prehaps the "Martin" in your picture) was the father of John Ellis Van Buren.

Posted: 26 Oct 2008 10:54PM GMT
Is this the one who lived in Willmar? If so, I could probably help-plus I would like to know if you know more than I about some of the other relatives.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions