Search for content in message boards

Michael and Margaret LOWMAN Wehunt

Michael and Margaret LOWMAN Wehunt

Posted: 24 Jun 2006 4:08AM GMT
Classification: Query
Michael Wehunt B: 18 Apr. 1794 Rowan NC D: 1867 Lumpkin Co. Ga.
wife: Margaret Lowman B: 1822 Burke Co. NC D:1840 Lumpkin Co. Ga.
Children:
1. Richard "Lewis" Wehunt B: 1818 Rowan Co. NC D: aft.1880
wife: Patience Shuffield Wehunt B: 1821 D; aft. 1880
2. George W. Wehunt B: 1819 Rowan NC D:? married ?
3.Polly Wehunt B: 1822 Rowan NC D:? Married?
5. William B: 1823 D:? married Martha Lyons
6.Fredrick B: 1826 Rowan NC D:? married Rosanna Martin
7. Eli B: 1827 D:? married ?
8. Jackson B:1830 D:? married ?
9. Martin B:1831 D:1908 married Mary Polly Shuffield
10. Alfred B: 1835 D? married?
11. Delia B:1840 D:? married?
12.James B:1842 D:? married?
13. Robert K. 24 Mar 1847 D;? married Martha Seitz, Robert moved to Texas after the civil war.

Can anybody fill in any of my question marks? Trying to get tree together. Did leave anyone out?
Thanks for any help!

Re: Michael and Margaret LOWMAN Wehunt

Posted: 12 Jul 2008 8:46PM GMT
Surnames: Wehunt
I am a relative of Frederick and Roseanne Martain Wehunt.
They were married in 1847 in Dawson county. One of their children was Arminda. Arminda married Joseph Bruce and one of their children was Mattie Pearl Bruce who married Thomas Emory Martin in Forsyth county, ga. Mattie had three daughters: Inus Martin (Coven), Allene Martin (Glover)and Willie Florence Martin Smith who was my mother. We understand that Indian ancestry came through Roseanne martain but have not been able to verify this because is very difficult to find records in early 1800's. She was either a Creek or Cherokee . I have a copy of Frederick and Roseanna's marriage which states it is a inter-racial marriage. If any one has more information please share with me. Thank you Donna Smith Poulnot

Posted: 17 May 2009 6:02PM GMT
can you clarify your dates. such as margaret bithdate. 1822 firth is to young to be mother of the children. and also some of the children are listed as being born after she died. was there a second wife? sorry but i have been looking for a while for maggie, margarett a wehunt born 1884, died 1955 trying to trace her family line back. thanks ann

Posted: 11 Dec 2009 2:35PM GMT
Hello cuz, Please contact me about the Wehunt family.

Sam Wehunt
Wehunt_sam@hotmail.com

Posted: 11 Dec 2009 2:40PM GMT
Hello, I may can shed some light on the Lowman or Larman connection. Michael was my ggg grandfather. I've been researching the family for 36 years.
Many years ago I received a letter from a Wehunt man in the Shakerag community of Gwinett county. He too was a decendant of Micheal. He had knowledge that Margaruite (Margaret) was a Larmon (often spelled Lowman). Margaruite was Cherokee. Michael was reported to have accompanied her and her family on the "Trail of Tears" to Oklahoma. He returned to Ga. but returned to OK. at least once more before he died.

Please Contact me Wehunt_sam@hotmail.com

Posted: 22 Dec 2009 6:28PM GMT
sam i have tried and tried to get an email through to you. it must be going to your spam folder. please get in touch with me at grandmaw72904@yahoo.com. i have found some info on our wehunt family but it all so confushing. could use some help puting it together. thanks ann parmenter

Posted: 5 Jan 2010 9:56PM GMT
sam , would you please get in touch with me. all my efforts to get through to you have failed. really now some help with our wehunt family. thanks. ann
grandmaw72904@yahoo.com

Posted: 23 Sep 2010 5:35AM GMT
I am also a decendant/direct line of Frederick and Roseanne Martin Wehunt. Please contact me. We can share.
Carol Robnett White

Posted: 23 Sep 2010 5:39AM GMT
Linda,
I hope you have gotten some of your answers by now. Maybe we can compare notes. Michael and Margaret Lowman Wehunt are my direct line. I have 13 children born to them, same as you. But I do have some of your ansers. Contact me and we'll share.
Carol Robnett White

Posted: 23 Sep 2010 11:09AM GMT
Carol, please e-mail me at dspoulnot@gmail.com regarding information you have on Frederick Wehunt. We can compare what we have. Look forward to hearing from you. Donna
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions