Search for content in message boards

Wm. White & Elisabeth abt 1788

Wm. White & Elisabeth abt 1788

Selma (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jul 2006 1:08AM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for the last name and parents of Elisabeth born abt 1775 Rhode Island?? and married William White abt 1788 in New Brunswick. Later moved to Hodgdon, Maine.

Re: Wm. White & Elisabeth abt 1788

JanWhite (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jul 2006 9:57AM GMT
Surnames: Sisson White
I believe she was one of the Sisson sisters.
- Elizabeth Sisson married William White, brother of Jacob White. They were sons of Thomas White, New York Loyalist, and (married 1761 in St George’s Church, Hempstead NY), Dorothea Brass.
- Sarah Sisson married Rev. James [Samuel] Boone
- Hulda Sisson married Daniel Yerxa, son of Abraham [Johannis] Yerxa & Barbara Green
- Jemima Sisson married Benjamin Yerxa Esq., Daniel's brother.

They were the daughters of Jonathan Sisson, Loyalist, NY Guides & Pioneers (1762 NY-1848 Douglas NB) and (married 1782 in NB), Hulda ___ ?Herrick (___-1834 of Burtts Corner).

He was the son of James Sisson Sr (1728 Rhode Island-1825 Douglas) Loyalist, New York Volunteers and Elizabeth Howland, Quaker. She was descended from the youngest Howland brother, Henry, who arrived in 1623, his 2 brothers having come in the Mayflower. She could hold her head erect however, her mother Sarah Soule being descended from George Soule, Mayflower.

The details are available on the net,
Cordially...

Selma (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jul 2006 6:24PM GMT
Very interesting. I have an Elizabeth Sisson (d/o Jonathan Sisson & Hulda Herrick) married to Thomas White s/o Thomas & Dorothea Brass. They wouldn't have 2 daughter named Elisabeth would they?

JanWhite (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jul 2006 9:31PM GMT
Surnames: White Sisson
Thomas and William both married an Elizabeth, and they both went to Hogdon, Maine.

However, the wife of Thomas was born 1775, and Elizabeth Sisson's parents married in 1782.

I certainly can stand to be corrected on dates, should someone show otherwise,
Cordially...

Selma (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jul 2006 10:23PM GMT
William born abt 1759/61 (his parents md Feb 1761) md Elizabeth abt 1788. Thomas br 1774 md Elizabeth Sisson br 1784 in abt 1800. Jacob br abt 1780 md Elizabeth Green br 1775 RI abt 1798. That makes her about 5 years older then Jacob and he is 18 abt when they get married. Most of my data comes from "Descendants of Thomas White" and I have no clue how accurate it is. It gives the date of Thomas and Dorothea's md as 1761 then says that William is born 1759. I have alot of doc for land in NB but none in Maine.

Paul Brewer (View posts)
Posted: 15 Aug 2006 1:00AM GMT
Surnames: White
According to tombstone information I copied in the Hodgdon Mills Cem. in Maine:
Elizabeth White, wife of Thomas White, b. Oct 24, 1784, d. July 9, 1857
Thomas White, b. May 30, 1774, d. Mar 2, 1862, aged 87 y 9 months.

In the East Hodgdon Cem., there is a stone that says:
William White, d. Mar 8, 1843, in his 84th year.

Also In the 1851 census for York Co, New Brunswick, parish of Queensbury you will find:
Elizabeth White, mother, 72, b. B.A. , emigrated to N.B. in 1783 living with her son Abraham and his wife Hannah (Staples) White. Jacob White is my ancestor on my mother's side of the family. I grew up in Burtt's Corner, NB

Patricia Casper (View posts)
Posted: 16 Aug 2006 3:35PM GMT
Surnames: Foley-Murphy-O'Donnell-Lynn
Hi Paul:
I came across a picture in my parents' things of a Charlie & Mary White. My father, grandparents and great grandparents were from the Newmarket area of York County, and according to family members, Charlie and Mary were neighbors and friends of theirs 3 miles or so up the road toward Harvey. They were from Scotland.

I've attached a copy of the picture - perhaps a relative of yours? I'll gladly send you the original if you'd like.

Take care, Pat
Attachments:

selma (View posts)
Posted: 19 Aug 2006 11:46PM GMT
Who is Abraham? I have no Elizabeth with a son Abraham. I have the other two and thanks for the additional information. The wife of Thomas White br 1784 is Elizabeth SISSON b 24 Oct. 1784 York NB d 9 July 1857 Hodgden, Maine.

Selma (View posts)
Posted: 19 Aug 2006 11:59PM GMT
I missed the picture the first time. But don't think they connect with my family as they came from New York in 1787. But thanks

Paul Brewer (View posts)
Posted: 20 Aug 2006 8:07PM GMT
Sorry not to be clearer. Elizabeth (Green) White b. abt 1779 was Jacob White's widow. Jacob died abt 04 Mar 1843. In 1851, Elizabeth is living with her son Abraham (b. abt 1814) and his wife Hannah (Staples) White. Another one of Abraham's brother, Benjamin, b. abt 1812, was living nearby in the same parish, Queensbury, York Co. Benjamin White married Margaret Jones. I have more on Jacob and Elizabeth's family if you are interested.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic