Search for content in message boards

Civil War Vets Photos

Civil War Vets Photos

Fritz Anderson (View posts)
Posted: 7 Mar 2002 8:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Any Civil War vet photos from Wabasha county out there? Interested in photos of them in uniform or civilian clothes. Compiling a book of all that served from Wabasha county. Will pay any expenses.

Re: Civil War Vets Photos

Merlene Brockway (View posts)
Posted: 25 May 2002 3:39PM GMT
I have picture of Julius F. Rosolack in civilian clothes. According to his obituary he was the last living Civil War Vet in Wabasha County when he died in 1936.

Jerry Anderson (View posts)
Posted: 28 May 2002 4:24PM GMT
Any additional info on Julius? I can't find hime in any databases I have as a Union vet. Perhaps another spelling?

Merlene Brockway (View posts)
Posted: 28 May 2002 5:52PM GMT
According to the records that I have Julius Ferdinand Rosolack enlisted 22 Feb 1864 as a private in Co. C , 1st Battery, of the 13th Infantry Regiment, and received 1 month of training in Milwaukee, WI. Discharged 22 Jul 1867. Came to Elgin, Minnesota in the spring of 1869. He probably is not listed with any Minnesota Civil War data bases. His obituary said he was the last living Civil War Vet in Elgin, and was an honorary member of the American Legion William Allen Post of Elgin & Plainview. Since he did not actually enlist in Minnesota, I'm sure that you are not interested in him.

kathy (View posts)
Posted: 5 Dec 2002 4:16PM GMT
my ancestors, William F. Oliver, Samuel D. Welch and George Forbes were from Zumbro Falls and served in the Civil War. Samuel D. Welch was also first mayor in that area. Have pictures of Samuel D. Welch at about the time he was married and then as an elderly gentleman. Not in uniform. Have picture of William F. Oliver, but only in his casket in 1914. Not in uniform. Have extensive information on these families. George Forbes went to Illinois and died there. He was brother to my gg-grandmother, Martha Hallowell Forbes OLIVER. Please let me know if you wnat picture of Sam Welch. Can you check your files and see if anyone has sent in pictures of William F. Oliver? Thank you. Kathy

kathy (View posts)
Posted: 5 Dec 2002 4:18PM GMT
almost forgot. ALso have picture of survivors of one of the infantrys from Wabasha County. I think taken at a reunion many years later. About 50 people in the picture, most unidentified. Do you have this picture? They may have been from the 1st or 3rd Infantry. Will have to look. Very elderly gentlemen. Maybe taken in St. Paul for a Vets Reunion.

Posted: 30 Jan 2003 5:22AM GMT
Edited: 29 Apr 2003 6:52AM GMT
Surnames: Miller, Powers
My great, great grandfather Edward Miller served in the Civil War. He was in Company i 2nd Minnesota Volunteer. Following the war, he moved from the Wabasha area with his family to Traverse County, Minnesota (1880 census).

Fritz Anderson (View posts)
Posted: 3 Feb 2003 5:55PM GMT
Kathy,
I can't recall if I posted a reply to your question. If I didn't I'm sorry. I have no photos for your Oliver ancestor but would love a copy of any photos you have of soldiers during and after the war. I will happily reimburse you for any costs involved. Please contact me at janders6@amfam.com.

Kathy Geary Brady (View posts)
Posted: 5 Oct 2003 6:47PM GMT
Kathy,

Should you discover that members of the 5th MN Infantry were included in the Civil War photo that you own, please contact me at katkriskel@netscape.net. My gr-gr-grandfather, Timothy Fuller, served with that unit. We have no pictures of him.

Thanks, Kathy Geary Brady

Posted: 20 Apr 2006 3:08PM GMT
Surnames: Cratte, Crete, Graham, DeChanet, Wells, Fuller
Hi, I also would love to get a copy of this photo as my ancestor, Alfred DeCHANET, was a civil war vet from the 1st Minnesota Infantry. He died in 1916, and may be in your photo if I am lucky.
Thanks in advance,
Jim
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions