Search for content in message boards

William Carroll

William Carroll

Posted: 14 Jul 2000 8:48AM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 5:02AM GMT
William Carroll son of John and Margaret(nee Murphy)lived in New York until 1900, then moved to New Jersey. William and his twin brothers (Charles J Carroll and Edward Carroll) Edward my greatgrandfather married
Julia (nee Flood) lived in Jersey City, N.J.
William was born 1884, Charles and Edward were born in 1880.Charles was a policeman in Jersey City. Sounds familar, please write me anytime

Related?

Cherrill Clifford (View posts)
Posted: 11 Sep 2000 12:11PM GMT
I am trying to find the link between my grandfather William Carroll Pennington Brick and Charles Carroll of Carrollton who signed the Declaration of Independence. Carrolls in New Jersey may be able to help me. Brick Township in New Jersey is named after the Brick family. Since the Bricks were a New Jersey family it may be there that the Carroll family connection was made. Some of the names you mention sound familiar. I am especially curious about the policeman you mentioned. Do you have any more info as to the family connections you mentioned with Charles Carroll of Carrollton.

Carroll connection

Posted: 11 Sep 2000 12:48PM GMT
Edited: 9 Apr 2002 3:15PM GMT
There is a great deal of info on CC of C. You can find it via the Marykand Historical Society for one. The Catholic Encyclopedia has info and is online. The Catholic Carroll's of the Baltimore MD area were from the O'Carroll line. Many cousins from this line. As far as CC of C he had only one son (Charles). This son also had only one son (also Charles).

charles j.carroll

Posted: 12 Sep 2000 7:25AM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 5:02AM GMT
I doubt very much that my Carrolls are part of the Charles Carroll who wrote the Declaration of Independence. But Charles J Carroll the twin brother of Edward (my greatgrandfather), lived and worked in Jersey City, N.J. Parents were from New York, moved to New Jersey in 1892/93. I really don't know much more at this point. After 1900 I can't seem to find much on the family. But if I do I can certainly let you know.

Re: Carroll connection

Posted: 6 Aug 2001 1:17AM GMT
Edited: 3 Feb 2003 11:59PM GMT
Hi

I read your post about the Baltimore Carroll family with interest. I have just discovered that I am a descendant of James Carroll who married Ann Bond in Baltimore November 24, 1736 at St. John's Protestant Episcopal Church. They had the following children: Elizabeth, James Bond, Peter Bond, Mary, Elinor, Ann, John, Sarah, Hannah, and Benjamin. I have absolutely no idea about James Carroll's lineage. Do you have any record of him? Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me. You may contact me directly at fla_girl_2001@yahoo.com.

Meriah

Phil (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jan 2002 4:39AM GMT
Classification: Query
You seem to have traced back a few years farther back than I have. Do you know of a Vernon Bond Carroll DOB 1-11-1846
from Balt. MD

Posted: 3 Jan 2002 5:23AM GMT
Edited: 22 Oct 2002 1:50AM GMT
Sorry but I don't know of any Vernon Carroll so far. My Carrolls came from New York, My greatgrandfather was born in New York, and his father James Carroll came over from Ireland with his wife Sarah Cannuff. John was born in 1848, and I can't find James or Sarah anywhere in New York from 1850 on. So I'm at a standstill right now with the Carroll family.
Good luck!!!!!

Cherrill Clifford (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2002 7:54PM GMT
Surnames: Carroll
So sorry. I don't, but I'll keep my eye out for that name as I hunt around. If I see anything I'll let you know.

C. Clifford

Posted: 31 May 2008 6:49PM GMT
Surnames: Carroll, Bond, Burt, Emerson
Vernon Bond Carroll is my great-grandfather. His 1st wife was Mary Stickney Emerson and his second was Cordelia Burt.

Drop me a note if you're still viewing this board.

Re: Related?

Posted: 5 Jan 2009 9:05PM GMT
Surnames: O'Carroll, Carroll, Abernathy
Richard O'Carroll (Son of Dalton) and brother of Charles Carroll of Carrolton USA (Signatory of the Statute of Independence) Married Fanny Abernathy (Daughter of William Abernathy) at Loughkeen Church, Birr Co. Offaly, Ireland on 2/4/1862. Migrated to Australia.
Hope this is of some help to you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions