Search for content in message boards

The Wilson Family of Birmingham, England

The Wilson Family of Birmingham, England

Posted: 6 Dec 2005 9:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: WILSON
My family lived in the Lozells area of Birmingham from 1840 through to 1990 we are now spread all over the world. My name is Robert J Wilson b.1956/ my father John Wilson born Erdington,Birmingham 1928/ my Grandfather Samuel Wilson was born Lozells St.George,Birmingham in 1888/ his father was John Wilson born Aston/Birmingham 1852 he had a sister Ann who married a Bailey/ a brother William 1850 who married Mary Robinson, and another sister Emma b.1855 ish.
There parents were William Wilson b.1805 in Ipswich we think and Ann Hackett from Oldbury /nr.Dudley
Does anyone have a common ancestor with me?
I have hit a brick wall and need some help please e-mail me with any info I have traced my tree to some 450 individuals I may be able to help you too.

Re: The Wilson Family of Birmingham, England

Posted: 1 Jan 2006 2:48PM GMT
Edited: 10 May 2006 12:21PM GMT
Hi

I have hit a brick wall with my Wilson line too.

According to 1851& 1861 Census I have a William Wilson aged about 23/35 (b1828/1826) in London, but apparently born in Birmingham.

William married Charlotte Miles in 1853 in London. In 1871 he is listed as born in London and we believe he died before 1881.

I believe I also came across a connection with Ipswich, but have had trouble with my database and cannot currently access all the info.

One other possible piece of info I have is that William's mother was possibly SArah (Hahames?) from Worcestershire (1851 Census). The family were also known to be gardeners.

I'm not sure if there is a connection, but would be interested if you can shed any light on the above.

Regards

Jillian

Robert (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jan 2006 7:45AM GMT
will look into it, there seems to be as many Wilsons as Smiths, and they seem to change their adresses with great frequency also
kind regards
and thanks for your reply, happy new year.

Posted: 25 Feb 2008 5:33AM GMT
Surnames: Wilson
Hello ...
I am also tracing Wilsons in Birmingham. In particular CHARLES ERNEST WILSON (my great-grandfather) was born in 1868 in Aston, Birmingham, UK to Henry
Wilson and Clara Andrews. He became a Journeyman Baker.

Siblings were ALBERT F WILSON 1872
ALFRED J WILSON 1874
WILLIAM A WILSON
MINNIE L WILSON
ANNIE CLARA WILSON
SIDNEY J WILSON

If we have link, please advise

Phil

Posted: 9 Mar 2008 4:40PM GMT
Surnames: Wilson, Perkins
Hello, my great grandmother was a Rose Wilson born in Aston in 1856 and married my great grandfather Thomas Perkins. They were married on 20 March 1871 in a place called, I believe, Aston Juxta Birmingham. They lived in North Aston and had eleven children, my grandmother being one of them. Any link to your Wilson?
Regards.

Posted: 12 Mar 2008 1:09AM GMT
Hello, this is all the WILSON data I have, its seems there were a lot in Aston, Birmingham ! No mention of a ROSE, she have have been a sibling of HENRY ?

If its any clearer after this info let me know, you can contact me directly at fourlambs@bigpond.com

Regards Phil

215. HENRY WILSON (Philip's great-great-grandfather) was born in 1848 to John Wilson and Martha Ball. He became a Confection Maker. Henry died in 1913, aged about 65.
216. CLARA ANDREWS (Philip's great-great-grandmother) was born in 1849 in Leciester. Clara died in 1900, aged about 51.
Henry Wilson, aged about 20, married Clara Andrews, aged about 19, in 1868 in Birmingham. They had seven
children:
Charles Ernest Wilson in 1868
Albert F Wilson in 1872
Alfred J Wilson in 1874
William A Wilson in 1875
Minnie L Wilson in 1876
Annie Clara Wilson in 1877
Sidney J Wilson in 1880

Posted: 12 Mar 2008 9:50AM GMT
Many thanks for your reply. The Rose Wilson, who I believe to be my great grandmother, was born in North Aston in 1856 and my trail ends there. She apparently married by great grandfather Thomas Perkins and my concentration has been on the 'Perkins' line. However, I am intending to research more into Rose Wilson and will letyou know if ther is a link to your family history.
Regards
Sally
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions