Search for content in message boards

help needed

help needed

Thomas Hantke (View posts)
Posted: 2 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: Zeugner
Who can help me further?
i'm looking for relatives of families"zeugner". the zeugner's i meaning were 4 brothers wich immigrated to usa after worldwar1 between 1917-1930. some of these brothers must have lived in milwaukee, because her sister wich had stayed in germany had contact until after worldwar2.
the brothers was born in Dorsten/germany(i think so).
one brother be called Adolf or adolph. the other names unfortunately i don't know.
who has a zeugner in his family-history in this period???
i'm also searching for relations of zeugner(was born before 1870) wich come from poland (county posen).maybe possible that they related with these zeugner-brothers.
Please mail me if u think u have any matching information.
perhaps we can put families together

many thanx in advance
thomas
Posted: 9 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Edited: 4 Aug 2001 3:51AM GMT
Surnames: Zeugner
Thomas,

I just found your email regarding "Zeugner" family.
My grandfather's name was Herman Zeugner. I believe he was born in Shonaw-Telton, Germany in Carlstein. His father's name was Fredrich Zeugner born in Poland, May 22, 1849. Fredrich married Pauline Erdmann, born April 7, 1854. Her father's name was Ludwig Erdmann. Pauline came to America in 1882. Fred and Pauline had eight children all born in Pensaukee, Wisconsin. USA.
I believe Fred had a brother named Samuel who was married to Juliana Haider. From records I believe that Samuel lived in Gustavonn, Germany. Hope this might help you.

Nancy

Re: Zeugner in Milwaukee's German newspapers

Posted: 28 May 2011 11:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Nov 2012 2:34PM GMT
Surnames: Zeugner Scheuermann
If you are still researching this line: there is a Hermann Zeugner, died in Aug. 1929, and whose death notice is published in the local German newspapers. Some brief entries are:

1900 - Zeugner, Hildegard Emilie
1900 - Zeugner, Lizzie (née Scheuermann)
1907 - Zeugner, Robert
1929 - Zeugner, Herman

Indexing Milwaukee's German newspapers continuously since 2007 ...
Gary Rebholz, compiler/editor
Milwaukee Wis.
gary.rebholz@gmail.com
"Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related items" (1844-1950).
per page

Find a board about a specific topic