Search for content in message boards

john little, Eskdalemuir, Scotland

john little, Eskdalemuir, Scotland

Posted: 18 Nov 2000 12:56PM GMT
Edited: 17 Jul 2001 6:28PM GMT

I am trying to find out more information on my 2x great grandfather John Little born Aberlosh, Eskdlaemuir in 181 and died 1878. He married Grace Blacklock 1815-1891.

They had several children William, Euphemis, Adam, Peter, Charles, and John. John 1856-1923 my great grandfather married Janet Hogg.

Any information gratefully received

William

The Littles from Victor and Rochester, NJY

Gordie Little (View posts)
Posted: 2 Dec 2000 5:08AM GMT
I am trying to find out some information about the Littles who settled in the greater Rochester, NY area.

My dad was Rev. Russell E. Little, born in Victor, NY in 1907 and died in Utica, NY at age 75.

We have little information about his ancestors and there is little to find in that area.

Anyone with tidbits which might send us on the right track, please contact me my e-mail at gordandk@aol.com or phone (518) 563-4108.

I presently live in Morrisonville, NY, West of Plattsburgh.

I have a brother, James R. Little who currently lives near Washington, Pa.

My mother was Alta Grace Requa whose ancestors settled in Sleepy Hollow near Tarrytown, NY.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Gordie Little

The Littles from Victor and Rochester, NJY

Gordie Little (View posts)
Posted: 2 Dec 2000 5:24AM GMT
I am trying to find out some information about the Littles who settled in the greater Rochester, NY area.

My dad was Rev. Russell E. Little, born in Victor, NY in 1907 and died in Utica, NY at age 75. His given name was Gordon Eugene Russell Little.

We have little information about his ancestors and there is little to find in that area.

Anyone with tidbits which might send us on the right track, please contact me my e-mail at gordandk@aol.com or phone (518) 563-4108.

I presently live in Morrisonville, NY, West of Plattsburgh.

I have a brother, James R. Little who currently lives near Washington, Pa.

My mother was Alta Grace Requa whose ancestors settled in Sleepy Hollow near Tarrytown, NY.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Gordie Little

Re: john little, Eskdalemuir, Scotland

Posted: 19 Nov 2005 1:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Blacklock, Little
Hi William, I'm interested in the BLACKLOCK connection. Can you help me with Grace? I am a Blacklock descendant. One of my line Jane C. Blacklock (d/o Alexander Blackock b.SCT 1826 and. Rachel Jane Parrish) married John LITTLE, b. Ontario abt 1851. They were married 7 Jan 1880 in Benzie Co. Michigan.
Looking to hear from you.
Barbara

willaim johnstone (View posts)
Posted: 27 Nov 2005 5:18PM GMT
Surnames: Little Blacklock
The only information I have on Grace Blacklock is she was born 16 June 1815 in parish of Kirkpatrick Juxta. She married John Little from Eskdalemuir on 15 March 1840. Grace died on 29 January 1891 at Castle Oer Cottage, Eskdalemuir.

They had the following children William, Euphemia, Adam, Magarert, Peter and John.

Please let me know if these names are familar

Posted: 27 Nov 2005 11:20PM GMT
Edited: 10 May 2006 12:56PM GMT
Surnames: Blacklock, Little
No, nothing familiar. My Thomas C. Blacklock was b. 1804 probably Ecclefechan, SCT. I was looking for another tie-in with Little, since
Thomas' granddaughter married a Little in Michigan. Thanks for answering.
Barbara
per page

Find a board about a specific topic