Search for content in message boards

Andrew Jackson Wiggins in Texas and Florida

Andrew Jackson Wiggins in Texas and Florida

Posted: 12 Oct 2006 3:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wiggins, McLeod, Howard, Willimas
found this in an Index of Military Pensions for Texas...
Andrew Wiggins
A2 Florida Cavalry Indian War
date filed 12/22/1887 by Elizabeth Wiggins
application # 663.441

I think this is the guy, boy he was a stinker!

Re: Andrew Jackson Wiggins in Texas and Florida

Posted: 1 Nov 2011 4:08AM GMT
Edited: 12 Mar 2012 12:19AM GMT
Hi Lindy's mom, what were you posting this in reply to?

Notice it's filed by Elizabeth Wiggins in Texas... must be Eliza Summerall

Posted: 15 Oct 2013 12:41AM GMT
Surnames: wiggins
hi im from Minnesota. I noticed the unique name you mentioned, Andrew jackson wiggins. all though im not familiar with any wiggins's in texas but, ive been doing some research of my own about my wiggins side. ive noticed some unique names also that might be tied with your Andrew. Ulyssus Lee Wiggins born 3-25-1864 he had a brother's named John quincy adam wiggins and James monroe wiggins. Ulyssus married Anne Elefson in june 16,1889. Ulyssus and Anne had two kids Elizabeth (Lucy) wiggins and Christine wiggins born in 1891. Ulyssus then married Julia Bejergo and had 7 kids, Leon, Walter,Kenneth, Marie, Velma, and Viona and Viola who were twins. so I think the Elizabeth could have named her kid Andrew Jackson wiggins to keep up with traditional. I'm just guessing but im sure there is a link some where. I"m from Minnesota and i have heard that most of the wiggins settled in Walnut grove,MN and I have personally been to the cemetery and seen many wiggins grave stones the whole front row of the cemetery is wiggins. hope this helps.

Posted: 15 Oct 2013 12:43AM GMT
Surnames: wiggins
actually I think i found a better conection....hi im from Minnesota. I noticed the unique name you mentioned, Andrew jackson wiggins. all though im not familiar with any wiggins's in texas but, ive been doing some research of my own about my wiggins side. ive noticed some unique names also that might be tied with your Andrew. Ulyssus Lee Wiggins born 3-25-1864 he had a brother's named John quincy adam wiggins and James monroe wiggins. Ulyssus married Anne Elefson in june 16,1889. Ulyssus and Anne had two kids Elizabeth (Lucy) wiggins and Christine wiggins born in 1891. Ulyssus then married Julia Bejergo and had 7 kids, Leon, Walter,Kenneth, Marie, Velma, and Viona and Viola who were twins. so I think the Elizabeth could have named her kid Andrew Jackson wiggins to keep up with traditional. I'm just guessing but im sure there is a link some where. I"m from Minnesota and i have heard that most of the wiggins settled in Walnut grove,MN and I have personally been to the cemetery and seen many wiggins grave stones the whole front row of the cemetery is wiggins. hope this helps.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic