Search for content in message boards

Hutchinson Moore and Cathrine Hampton

Hutchinson Moore and Cathrine Hampton

Posted: 5 Feb 2006 12:54AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Moore, Hampton
Out in OneWorldTree there is an anonymous entry for Hutchinson Moore who married Cathrine Hampton on 24 Aug 1846 in Portage County, Ohio. I'd love to correspond with anyone to has any of the following individuals in their files, to see if there is any connection with my Moore ancestors from Michigan about 1850-1930. Here's what I have found so far in the US Census:

1850 Ohio, Portage County, Freedom Twp, House 728 Family 774:
Hutchinson Moore 31 M Farmer b Ohio
Catherine Moore 33 F no occupation b Ohio

1860 Michigan, Eaton County, Chester Twp, House 1817 Family 1791:
Hutchinson Moore 41 M Farmer b Ohio
Ladama E 19 F no occupation b Michigan
Eddie 3 F no occupation b Michigan

1870 Michigan, Eaton County, Chester Twp, House
86 Family 80:
Hutchinson Moore 51 M Farm Laborer b Ohio
Lodema 27 F Keeping House b Michigan
Florena 7 F b Michigan
James 5 M b Michigan
Allison 4 M b Michigan
Joseph 2 M b Michigan

Re: Hutchinson Moore and Cathrine Hampton

Posted: 26 Jun 2009 6:19PM GMT
I have information on this individual, as Hutchinson Moore was my gggrandfather.

Posted: 27 Jun 2009 11:54AM GMT
Surnames: moore, hampton
Since the post I determined they are the parents of Ralph Moore, who is my 2nd g-grandfather who married Nellie Scoville. Do you have any info on their children?

Posted: 27 Jun 2009 5:42PM GMT
No sorry. I have a book that was written in 1934 giving the history of this Moore family.It just lists Ralph A. Moore as being born February 20, 1855 in Chester MI. A brother Hampton was born January 13, 1851 and another brother Alonzo Edward Moore was born March 31, 1857. Catherine died in April of 1857. Hutchinson remarried in March of the following year. Would you like to have the names of his parents and grandparents, or do you have them already?

Posted: 28 Jun 2009 8:24AM GMT
I am not related, but found this information and wanted to pass it on. Maybe it will help in your search.

1860 Portage Oh.
Benj. Cooper 36 Pen.
Elizabeth 35 Oh.
William Cooper 14 Can.
Hampton Moore 9 Oh.
Ralph A. 5 Oh.
John Downing 23 Ire.

1870 Mich.
Asa Miller 45 Oh. Farmer
Phebe
4 Children
Hampton Moore 20 Farm Labor Oh.

1900 Ogemaw Mich.
Ralph A. Moore 48 Mich. Oh. Oh.
Nellie M. Married 19 Yrs. Children 7 living 3
Perry 13
Ralph Jr. 10

Ralph Arthur Moore Married Mabel Linder 7 Dec. 1908 Ogemaw Mich. Parents Ralph Moore/Nellie Scoville-Scott Linder/unk.

Ralph Moore age 63 Married Rachael Munn Bockman 21 Dec. 1918 Mich. Parents Hutchinson Moore/Catherin Hampton -Munn/unk.

Ed A. Moore 40 Married Dora A. Hoffman 16 Aug. 1897 Charlotte Eaton Mich. Parents H. Moore/Catherine Hampton-Dan'l Hoffman/Millie Scovill

James R. Moore 31 Married Lena N. Waterson 23 June 1896 Mich. Parents Hutchinson Moore/Lodema Huffman

James R. Moore Married Katherine M. Casey 17 June 1903 Eaton Mich. Parents Hutcheson R. Moore/Lodema Huffman-Peter Casey/Margaret Garvey

Joseph M. Moore B. 26 Feb. 1867 Chester Easton Mich.
Parents: Hutcinson Moore/Lodema E. Moore

J. Montague Moore (Joseph) 41 Married Minnie Cline 30 June 1909 Mich. Parents Hutchinson Moore/Ladema Hoffman

Charles A. Moore 24 Married Luna A. Moore 7 March 1898 Mich.
Parents Hutchinson Moore/Lodima Huffman-Francis Moore/Mary A. Case

Lodema E. More
Est. Birth 1844 Mich.
Died: 01 Oct. 1879 Chester Eaton Mich.
Father: Martin Hoffman
Mother Joanna Hoffman

Hutchinson Moore 62 Married Mary Ann Miller 10 Oct. 1880 Roxand, Eaton Mich.

Posted: 28 Jun 2009 3:47PM GMT
Thank you so much.
One other child of Hutchinson and Lodenia was my ggrandfather, Allison Moore, born May 18, 1866.
Also Lodenia's father was actually Joseph Hoffman (spelled Huphman on Lodenia's marriage certificate). Martin was her brother. By the time she and Hutchinson were married, her father had been killed as he was returning home from seeking his fortune in the gold rush. Or so the story goes.

Posted: 29 Dec 2009 11:44AM GMT
Surnames: Moore, More, Kidder
Hello,

I haven't posted queries about my ancestor, Francis MOORE, in a long time. He lived in 1630's Cambridge, MA, and had 2 children that I know of, son, Francis, Jr., also of Cambridge. And a daughter, Anna MOORE, who married my ancestor, James KIDDER, ~1649 in Cambridge. There is a large book about their descendants, but I did not know of any book about Francis MOORE's descendants. In fact, there are a lot of questions and mysteries about whether he had other children and who they were.

I recently e-mailed the Editor of the NEHGS publication, "Register," and asked if I could get a copy of an article about Francis' sister, Mrs. Sarah GREENLEAF. I received a response yesterday. See below.

It mentions a 1934 book about the MOORE people in the Colonies. I'm curious whether this is the same book you mention in this posting.

Betty (near Lowell, MA)

FYI: If researchers check the archives of this Board, and the archives of the Board at www.genforum.com you will find lists of other books and documents which mention the MOORE name in the Colonies.

FYI:

This is a belated reply to your email of December 14.

If you were an NEHGS member, you would be able to read the 1968 Greenleaf article on NewEnglandAncestors.org. I assume you are not, so I have made a photocopy of the article and will send it to you, once you send me your mailing address.

In the package I will put the NEHGS library catalog entry for the 1934 standard book on all Moore families in the colonies, and the entry for a 2003 book with a brief account of Francis Moore. As I work at home, not at NEHGS, I cannot copy from these works for you.

Sincerely,
Henry B. Hoff

FYI: It is reported that Golden MORE of 1630's Cambridge, MA, was a brother of Francis MOORE.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic