Search for content in message boards

Douglas, Portadown and Belfast

James McCann

Glenys Gunther (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McCann, Henning
Do you know if your Annie McCann had any brothers? I have a Felix McCann (gg grandfather) b. c.1834 Armagh, his first and only son was named James. Felix married Theresa Henning in Seagoe Parish, Armagh in 1850.

Douglas, Portadown and Belfast

Carolyn Devine (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Douglas, McCann
Great-grandfather, Thomas Douglas, a tailor, married Annie McCann on 39 June 1878 at RC Chapel, Drumcree, Portadown. Thomas born in 1848 or 1858. Father Owen Douglas, also a tailor. Annie born 1858. Father James McCann, a labourer.

Thomas and Annie moved to Belfast, where they had seven children.

James McCann

Carolyn Devine (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Douglas, McCann
I don't yet know if Annie had any brothers, but I would think it quite likely. I am going to try to get her birth certificate and if I can find baptism records I could find out more about brothers and sisters. Annie's age at marriage in June 1878 was given as 20, which means she was born in 1858. This would make Felix a much older brother, but does not mean there is no connection.

Have you tried to get a copy of the marriage certificate? That should give you the fathers' names and probably an address.

Let's keep in touch if more details emerge.

Carolyn Devine
Posted: 20 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 30 Sep 2004 5:37PM GMT
Surnames: Halligan, Toner, McCoo, McCann
Hi,

Interested to see the names Felix, and McCann in the same area. My own GGrandfather James Halligan b1839 was married to Catherine McCoo. Her parents were Felix McCoo and Ruth McCann. See if any of this fits in your McCann family members

regards

Martin

Re: McCann

William Cooper (View posts)
Posted: 20 Aug 2001 12:13PM GMT
Surnames: McCANN, McCOO, QUINN, McKENNA
Hi Martin, Read your letters and the surnames you mention are also in my family, coincidence?.
I have a JOHN MCCOO m. CATHERINE MCKENNA, IRELAND , son ANTHONY born 1831 m. MARY MCCANN originally IRELAND > SCOTLAND as per SCOTTISH census 1881.
MARY MCCANN's parents were THOMAS MCCANN m. SARAH QUINN.
Any connection
Regards Willie Cooper

Re: James McCann

Iris Hennon (View posts)
Posted: 10 Dec 2002 8:43PM GMT
I am trying to find my family tree. My Grandfather was Felix Hennon/Hennan He lived a great deal of his life in India but his family comes from Co Armagh. He died in Maidstone, England 1978. My father was born in India in 1925 and died in 1990 in England his name was Patrick Walter Hennon. I wonder if your Felix is related to my Felix?

GlenysGunther (View posts)
Posted: 12 Dec 2002 6:27AM GMT
Hello Iris, I hope there is a connection somewhere, however my Felix was a McCann, he married a Hennon/Hennan/Henni g, Theresa. They married in 1849/50...in Seagoe Parish, Co Armagh. Theresa's death certificate states her father to be a linen manufacturer, christian name unknown. Hennan even with all its variations is not such a common name, I do hope that we can establish a common link.
Regards, Glenys. Melbourne Australia.

Posted: 1 Apr 2013 1:48AM GMT
hi im a county down heenan . any connection? how far back does your hennan go??
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions