Search for content in message boards

Steve and Sophia Bolinsky of Virginia

Steve and Sophia Bolinsky of Virginia

Posted: 13 Apr 2010 5:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Steve and Sophia Bolinsky were my great grandparents. They came here from Hungary around 1895. They lived in Inman and also in Imboden, Virginia. I have information about their children, one of whom was my grandma, Elizabeth Bolinsky, married to Ed Barton Holman of Virginia.

I am searching for information about relatives, I'm trying to find out if Steve had any brothers or sisters and maybe what was the name of his parents in Hungary. I know that he had a different last name before he came to the United States, something like Palenkesh or Palikash. I'm not sure of the spelling.

Sophia's maiden name is spelled 3 or 4 different ways Bolet, Boleut, Bolent. I know that she had a twin sister, but I don't know her sister's name. Apparently the sister went to live in Chicago.

If anyone has ANY information at all that could help me, I would be so very grateful. Thank you all so much,

Warmly,
Carol (Holman) O'Brocki
Glen Burnie, Maryland

Re: Steve and Sophia Bolinsky of Virginia

Posted: 25 Apr 2011 3:18PM GMT
My grandfather was frank bolinsky. He had to be their son. I thought he came from Big Stone Gap. I think this is in West Virginia. You are close on the last name. I thought it was palenkash...or something like that.

Posted: 25 Apr 2011 4:23PM GMT
So that makes us some type of cousins. My Grandma was Elizabeth Bolinsky. She married my Grandpa, Edd Barton Holman, and they lived in St. Charles, Virginia. Steve and Sophia were my Great Grandparents.

They lived in Imboden, which is a tiny "suburb" of Big Stone Gap. This is in Virginia. And I wish I had the true spelling of Palenkash. Maybe someone in your family would know. Check out my family tree on here.

Sincerely,
Carol

Posted: 26 Apr 2011 6:01PM GMT
Big Stone Gap is in Virginia

Posted: 12 Dec 2011 10:21PM GMT
My mom might have been some help if she didn't have alzheimers. I will see if I can find something on the correct spelling of their last name. My mom is the last surviving child of her family.

Posted: 12 Dec 2011 10:24PM GMT
Surnames: Steve and Sophia Bolinsky
Oh that would be great!!! Thank you so much!

Posted: 12 Dec 2011 10:33PM GMT
I wonder if your grandma was my grandpa's sister? He had a brother named Bill who lived in Michigan. I never heard him talk about any sisters. If I did I don't remember. My grandpa got married when he was 19...I think he got married in 1925 or so.

Posted: 13 Dec 2011 1:54AM GMT
What is your grandpa's name? My grandma was Elizabeth Bolinsky and she married Ed Barton Holman. She had several brothers, one was named Bill. She lived in Imboden, Virginia near Big Stone Gap. Steve and Sophia were her parents.

Posted: 2 Feb 2012 6:14PM GMT
My grandpa's name was Frank. I remember his brother Bill. He lived in Michigan too.

Posted: 22 Mar 2012 3:28AM GMT
Hi my name is William Eugene Bolinsky and we are first cousins. My Dad was Charlie and I'm his 55 year baby and I remember my dad going to see Aunt Liz and Ed and I think you have a sister Janie that sung at my Dads funeral. I still live in my home place. I will find all the info I can and let you know. All of us were named after the Bolinsky men, I have bros named Frank Steve, Charles Joe, and me William which uncle William died last year, he was youngest!!!! Please contact me by email and I'll try to find more info Thanks
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions