Search for content in message boards

The Hoover's

The Hoover's

Posted: 7 Apr 2003 4:04AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Jun 2003 9:24PM GMT
I have infor. on William Hoover born in 1808 in Georgia. Married Francis C. Ross born in 1812. I have their kids,grandkids,great grandkids,great great grandkids,great great great grandkids,great great great great grandkids and more.Anyone who can help me with more infor.

Re: The Hoover's

Posted: 7 Oct 2006 4:13AM GMT
Surnames: Lavender/Hoover/Dixon/Fish/McCants/Nix/Brewer/Davis
I believe William Hoover was the brother to Mary (b 1817 and married John Lavender) and Elizabeth Hoover (b 1823 and married Daniel Lavender, John's brother). Another possible brother is James Hoover b 1827.

I also believe their father was John Hoover b 1790 in Jamacia, British West Indies (son of Jacob Hoover?) whose wife was Patience Peacock. John died in Wilkinson Co, Georgia on Feb 28, 1877. Patience apparently died around 1840, because John is listed on the 1850 and 1860 Wilkinson Co Georgia census with a younger wife, Sarah S Hoover and 2 young children.

I just found this information so haven't gotten much details yet. But my Lavender/Hoover kin also ended up in Cleveland Co, Arkansas along with William Hoover.

Re: The Hoover's

Posted: 9 Oct 2009 8:58PM GMT
Surnames: Hoover, Peacock, Tyree, Williams, Harvy, Shuckhart, Mason
Hi, Started researching my branch of the Hoovers from Georgia, migrated to Arkansas. My relative, Albert Hoover, one of the sons of William Hoover, son of John Hoover born in the West Indies. Do you have information on Albert Hoover decendents?

Names I am researching connected with Hoover, Peacock, Tyree, Williams, Shuckhart, Harvy, Mason.

Thank you for any information

B.J.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions