Search for content in message boards

William, Edward, Thomas, Peter Stewart, Campbeltown, Scotland>> America & Australia

William, Edward, Thomas, Peter Stewart, Campbeltown, Scotland>> America & Australia

Posted: 13 Apr 2000 7:26AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 May 2013 2:09AM GMT
Surnames: Stewart, McLarty, McMurchy
Looking for ancestors of Campbeltown, Argyll Scotland ancestors. Have records dating back to 1750's. Some of the family names are: William, Edward, Thomas, Peter (Wives names are Mary McLarty, Mary McMurchy) Story goes that two of the brothers of William left Campbeltown and one came to America and the other went to Australia in the early 1800's. Any connections? Melonie

re: William, Edward, Thomas, Peter Stewart, Campbeltown, Scotland>> America & Australia

Posted: 29 Jun 2000 7:46AM GMT
Edited: 14 May 2013 2:26AM GMT
Surnames: McCualsky, Stewart
My great-great grandfather, Edward McCualsky (1817-1874) was in the joiner business with William Stewart of Campbeltown. He named his youngest son William Stewart McCualsky and my great grandfather was named Peter Stewart McCualsky.

Re: William, Edward, Thomas, Peter Stewart, Campbeltown, Scotland>> America & Australia

Posted: 17 Sep 2001 6:52AM GMT
Edited: 14 May 2013 2:22AM GMT
descended from Matthew Stewart who married Isabella McWilliam in Campbeltown in 1800. Son Robert married Flora Mclarty. some of the Mclarty's went to Australia. Any connections?

Re: William, Edward, Thomas, Peter Stewart, Campbeltown, Scotland>> America & Australia

Posted: 17 Sep 2001 8:23PM GMT
Edited: 14 May 2013 2:23AM GMT
Sorry, no connection at this point.

Posted: 19 Feb 2012 1:29PM GMT
Edited: 14 May 2013 2:22AM GMT
I just came across your query. Are you still looking? I don't have info, but have a genetic cousin with roots in Campbelltown, and he might. If you let me know, I'll try to find a way to connect you.
Cheers!
Allan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions