Search for content in message boards

BUSH Joseph

BUSH Joseph

carol (View posts)
Posted: 25 Dec 2004 7:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Please can anyone point me in the right direction in finding the area in Warrington my gr-gr-g'father Joseph Bush was born 1814, he was a Glassmaker.He married Ellen?? she was born 1817 Liverpool. I can't find anything on either of them relating to Birth or Marriage Certs. They had a spell in Stourbridge 1830's back to Warrington, then Liverpool, but I have no definite Certificate information. Any help appreciated
Many thanks
Carol

Re: BUSH Joseph

Posted: 25 Dec 2004 9:14PM GMT
Edited: 26 Mar 2005 7:31PM GMT
Hi,

You don't say which census records you have, but I found this on 1881.

Dwelling: 27 Heath Side
Census Place: Warrington, Lancashire, England
Source: FHL Film 1341907 PRO Ref RG11 Piece 3794 Folio 75 Page 1

Ellen BUSH, W, 64, F, Liverpool, Lancashire, England, Rel:(Head), Occ: Housekeeper
Fredk. W. BUSH, U, 23, M, Evertor, Lancashire, England, Rel: Son, Occ: Painter

carolyn (View posts)
Posted: 25 Dec 2004 10:13PM GMT
Surnames: BUSH
Hi Tony, many thanks for your reply, I do have this information...apologies! I should have said. I'm looking for 1814 Records, but I dont know how to go about obtaining the info in Warrrington because I dont know which Parish, and Warrington is rather large!! any suggestions please
Many thanks and Merry Christmas
Carol

Barbara (View posts)
Posted: 26 Dec 2004 10:06AM GMT
Hi Carol,

I have found a baptism for Joseph Bush 23rd May 1813 at Warrington, (BT) Father Thomas Mother Ann.I have found this is normally the Parish Church St Elphins. The records are at Warrington Library.

There are 4 Baptisms for this couple, if you think they are the right family I will send you the Names and dates. from 1810 to 1819.

Best wishes Barb.

carol (View posts)
Posted: 26 Dec 2004 12:10PM GMT
Hi Barbara
Many many thanks, I think this is the right family..I can't believe it. I'd be grateful for the names of other family members. The name Thomas is there throughout the generations, and the date for Joseph is about right 1813, I had 1814 so it has to be the same family. I can't thank you enough...this will make my Dad's Christmas - I'm going to see him this week, armed with information!!
Merry Christmas and Thank You
Carol

Barbara (View posts)
Posted: 26 Dec 2004 2:02PM GMT
Hi Carol.

This is what I have found: Marriage. Thomas Bush to Nancy Jackson 1/1/1809 Warrington BT.

William Bush 11/11/1810
Joseph Bush 23/5/1813
Anne Bush 24/3/1816
Mary Bush 26/3/1819
Thomas Bush 25/11/1821
John Bush 8/8/1824

These are all Baptism dates all at Warrington. If you look on the IGI it lists Ann Bush as being Baptised at St Elphins Warrington. They do have these records at Warrington Library as I have used them myself.

Good luck, Barb,

carol (View posts)
Posted: 26 Dec 2004 2:43PM GMT
Hi Barbara
Many thanks.....I'm really grateful. These are the only Bush's that have married and have evidence - the rest say they're married but I can find no evidence of it...probably lived over the Brush! Can you tell me what BT means please, is it Baptism? or am I just being thick!
Forever grateful
Carol

Barbara (View posts)
Posted: 26 Dec 2004 8:56PM GMT
Hi Carol,

It means Bishops Transcript, hope the spelling is right.

Barb..
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions