Search for content in message boards

JUDD family from Hertfordshire, England

JUDD family from Hertfordshire, England

Posted: 27 Aug 2008 9:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Judd, Pegram, Milton, Green
I'm looking to connect with anyone else researching the JUDD family lines that were in Hertfordshire, England.

I descend from JEMIMA JUDD & Thomas Pegram.
Jemima Judd was the daughter of SARAH (MILTON) & JOHN JUDD.
Sarah Milton married John Judd 27 May 1716 in Layston, Herts. I have found 11 children for this couple.
I believe John Judd was christened in Little Hormead & to be the son of THOMAS JUDD & MARY GREEN.
I'm waiting for my film to come in from the LDS for my documentation. If you are researching the JUDD name in Hertfordshire, England I'd love to hear from you.

Theresa E. Smith
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, USA

Re: JUDD family from Hertfordshire, England

Posted: 14 Oct 2008 7:50PM GMT
Surnames: JUDD, GREENE, BANKS
UPDATE:
From the LDS film #0991386 - Parish Records of Little Hormead, Hertfordshire, England. I have found the christening for JOHN JUDD 11 Feb 1694, the son of THOMAS JUDD & MARY GREENE.

THOMAS JUDD & MARY GREENE were married 21 May 1690 in Great Hormead, Hertfordshire, England. LDS film #0991386 - Parish Records of Great Hormead, Hertfordshire, England.
I found 11 children were christend in Little Hormead for this couple.

Now on to Thomas Judd and who are his parents?
On the LDS website there are Ancestral or else Family Group Records that show Thomas to be the son of JOHN JUDD & FRANCES BANKS and that he was christened in Brent Pelham, Hertfordshire. I have ordered and viewed the film #1040654 for Brent Pelham and was unable to find his christening.

I also found on the LDS website that a church member has claimed that JOHN JUDD & FRANCES BANKS were married in 1657 in Saffron Walden, Essex. I've ordered the film for Saffron Walden and hope to find some answers on the film. Maybe Thomas Judd and his siblings were all christened in Saffron Walden, Essex.

If anyone is researching any of the above and is willing to share and compare notes, please get in touch.

Posted: 8 Feb 2009 2:29AM GMT
Edited: 21 Jan 2013 2:53AM GMT
Surnames: Hayden, Smith, Judd
I am researching my grandfather's Smith family. Charles and Mary Hayden Smith Puckeridge. Their daughter Mary Hayden Smith born in 1854 married a James Judd from Hertfordshire.?that they went to Australia and she died in childbirth.Her sister Sarah Ann Smith born 1852 in Puckeridge Hertfordshire England, and spent her life there as a music teacher.She died in Dec.1937. Mary Smith Judd is not mentioned in her parents will, but a Harriet Ann and Maria Judd are mentioned in Sarah's will without a relative identity.Mary and Sarah were sisters to my grandfather Charles William Smith born in Puckeridge June30th 1848.
Now It is the year 2012, I have found James Judd and Mary Hayden (Smith) Judd. They married in Adelaide South Australia and had 1 daughter Elizabeth. Both mother and baby
died within 1 month.

Posted: 8 Feb 2009 9:23PM GMT
Thank you for your post. I haven't come across any of those names as of this time. If I do I'll be back in touch. Best of luck with your research.

Posted: 1 Jan 2010 10:24AM GMT
Surnames: Judd
I have recently started researching my husbands side of the family, the Judd's from Hertfordshire.

He desends from John Judd, son of John Judd and Sarah Milton. John Judd married Pamphillis Dellow in 1745/1746?
they had 7 children, one of which was Joseph Judd married Mary Harris, they had 8 children, one of which was Charles Judd married Maria Choate Hughes. Charles and Maria came to New Zealand with their 12 children in 1858 on board the ship "Bristish Queen". My husband is a g.g grandson to Charles and Maria Judd.

Im not sure if you already have this information? I just recognised the names John Judd and Sarah Milton and thought i'd let you know im researching this family also. I dont have any other information on John Judd and Sarah Milton or any other children except their names and John their son. Sorry i could'nt help you with your research, but im always happy to share any info. Thanks Renaye

Posted: 3 Jan 2010 11:55PM GMT
Surnames: Judd, Dellow, Banks
Renaye,

Thanks for your post and the information. I don't have anything on your John Judd and his marriage to Pamphillis Dellow. We should try and help each other fill in the blanks in our respective trees.
I find it very interesting you mentioning a DELLOW surname. I have found that Frances Judd (b. abt. 1658), [daughter of Frances (Banks) & John Judd] married a THOMAS DELLOW. I found 9 children born from this union and christened in Brent Pelham, Herts. I wonder if you know who were the parents of Pamphillis Dellow?
I'll have to pull my JUDD file and see what I may have copied off the LDS films, but couldn't figure out where it might fit in my tree.
You can contact me directly at tesmith40 at comcast dot net

Theresa
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions