Search for content in message boards

Davis desendants from Alabama

Davis desendants from Alabama

Posted: 25 Jul 2002 4:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: DAVIS
I am sarching for any desendants in the Pike County, Crenshaw County, Covington County. They migrated from South Carolina, North Carolina, and England. These names ring a bell to you:
Samuel Webster Davis
William Davis
Edward Davis
Agnas Lanier
Sir Thomas Davis
Capt. James Davis

If they ring a bell to you please email me at jennifer@oppcatv.com.

Re: Davis desendants from Alabama

Evelyn (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jul 2002 3:08AM GMT
Surnames: Davis, Brusons
I do not recognize the names but my Davis line is also from Pike and Crenshaw Counties. My grandfather was John Aaron Davis (b.4/22/1867 in ? AL; married LeeAnn Brunson (a cousin?) who was born 4/3/1872 in Crenshaw Co.). John Aaron's father was Elias Davis; mother was Caldonia Boaus (Boas/Bogus/Boaz). Elias & Callie's other children included: C.L. (b.1/19/1864), James Gaz (b.4/29/1871), Amanda Luella (8/29/1873), William Jefferson (b.5/26/77), and Lillian E. (b.3/18/1890). The family moved to Texas and settled in Grimes, Bell and Milam counties.

I have info on my Brunson line back to 1545 in County Essex England. LeeAnn's mother Cynthia Rutherford was b. in Crenshaw Co. Her grandfather married the daughter of "Choctaw Indian" Parnell in the NC or SC.

Hope some of these names appear in you database.

Posted: 27 Jul 2002 5:28AM GMT
Edited: 9 Oct 2002 1:32PM GMT
Surnames: DAVIS
email me at jenn36467@yahoo, and I will send you a file I got the other from that time frame. The names do sound fimilair to me, but then again I have seen so many different Davis names they are al being to sound and look alike to me! So email me and maybe you and I both can figure out some more inforamtion!
Thanks,
Jennifer

Posted: 19 Aug 2002 3:42AM GMT
Surnames: HANDLEY, DAVIS
I am researching William Wallace Davis and Elizabeth Jane Handley from Bount County Alabama. Married 23 Dec 1901
Children: Dovie, Elizabeth, Levi, George, William, Andy, Irin, Manley. If any of these fit, please contact me.

Posted: 20 Aug 2002 9:46AM GMT
Surnames: Davis
Sorry those names don't ring a bell.

Posted: 6 Sep 2002 2:00AM GMT
Barbara,
Do you have a Sarah in that Line? I am looking for a Sarah J (maybe Jane) who married a John Carpenter in 1880 in Jackson Co. I would be very interested in chatting if you have Davis members from Madison/Jackson/Lawerence Couties.
Chris

Janice Hand (View posts)
Posted: 4 Oct 2002 2:33AM GMT
Iam looking for info. on gggrandfather.Milton Flurnoy Davis,b. 6-9-1867;d11-1-1937, also any info. on Charles Hollis Davis ,b.7-24-1919;d.bef.2002 inMobile,Mobile County ,Ala.Thank You.

Posted: 4 Oct 2002 1:27PM GMT
Janice, So far I have come not come across and of the Davis's of my line, in Mobile County. Most of my line came from Pike and Crenshaw, and Covington County. But if i do happen to come across it, I would be more then glad to let you know what it is.
Jennifer Davis

Janice (View posts)
Posted: 5 Oct 2002 1:44AM GMT
Thanks.,Some Of My Davis relations, according to my Uncle are from Luverne in Crenshaw county and are of Indian decent,that is what I am interested in .Janice

Linda Murphy (View posts)
Posted: 5 Oct 2002 5:06PM GMT
I am sorry to say I don't know the names you mention. I'm writing in hopes that during your searching for Davis' in Alabama you would keep your eye out for Alsey Adolphus Davis. He is supposedly from Montgomery, AL. Born May 15, 1859 or possibly May 1, 1854. Thanks and good luck on your hunting.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic