Search for content in message boards

RAMAGLIA families in RIPABOTTONI, ITLAY

RAMAGLIA families in RIPABOTTONI, ITLAY

Sue Drook (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jan 2004 9:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BOCCACCIO, DOLCE, PIEDIMONTE, LANNI FIORITO, DI IULIO, CRISTOFARO, TODARO, CIARLA, SAURO, PADUANO, TAMILIA
I have researched most of the Ramaglia families in Ripabottoni. Some of these names are Domencio, Agostino, Pardo, Pasquale, Adamo Antonio, Michele, Agostino Felce, Margherita, Maria, Vincenzo, Ferdiando, Filomena, Giovanni, and most of all Rosa who married Lorenzo Boccaccio in Dec 1873. They moved to Wisconsin in the late 1800's or early 1900's. I am willing to share any information with anyone who is interested.

Re: RAMAGLIA families in RIPABOTTONI, ITLAY

Dave (View posts)
Posted: 19 Feb 2004 12:40PM GMT
Surnames: Ramaglia
Hi Sue

I saw your Ramaglia entry on the Rootsweb forum for Campobasso.

I have traced Ramaglia names back to about 1800 in Ripabottoni. You can see my data at

http://www.gencircles.com/users/heathde/1

What I am most interested in finding is any info on 7 children of Antonio Andrea Ramaglia (1815) and Teresa Capuccielo (c1815); two of them - Maria Giuseppa (1853) and Antonio (1856) - immigrated to Evansville, Indiana (my home town) in the 1890's. What I would like to know is if you have any info on the other five children.

If you're interested, I have a website about my family and other Italians that came to Evansville at

http://personal.pitnet.net/heathde/evansville/

It is the story behind the data on GenCircles.

I also have some info on several Ramaglia families currently living in Seattle and Canada.

I currently live in Wisconsin.

Dave

Dave (View posts)
Posted: 19 Feb 2004 12:41PM GMT
Surnames: Ramaglia
Hi Sue

I saw your Ramaglia entry on the Rootsweb forum for Campobasso.

I have traced Ramaglia names back to about 1800 in Ripabottoni. You can see my data at

http://www.gencircles.com/users/heathde/1

What I am most interested in finding is any info on 7 children of Antonio Andrea Ramaglia (1815) and Teresa Capuccielo (c1815); two of them - Maria Giuseppa (1853) and Antonio (1856) - immigrated to Evansville, Indiana (my home town) in the 1890's. What I would like to know is if you have any info on the other five children.

If you're interested, I have a website about my family and other Italians that came to Evansville at

http://personal.pitnet.net/heathde/evansville/

It is the story behind the data on GenCircles.

I also have some info on several Ramaglia families currently living in Seattle and Canada.

I currently live in Wisconsin.

Dave

Al DeTota (View posts)
Posted: 10 Mar 2004 7:30AM GMT
Hi Dave,

I found these Ramaglia names from Ripabottoni that emigrated prior to 1894. There are many that came from other towns or where the town was not listed.

I couldn't find any Capuccielo names and failed to find an Antonio Ramaglia b. 1856. As for Maria Giuseppa, b. 1853, this one is interesting since the middle name, "Sa" could be a typo - or it could be Saveria.

Ciao,
Al

``````````````````````
Passenger's Name: Ramaglia, Maria Sa.
Literate: Unknown
Village/Last Residence: Unknown
Date of Arrival: Dec. 9, 1885
Final Destination: New York
Purpose for Travel: Staying in USA, but not a citizen of USA
Ship's Name: Burgundia
Captain's Name: Dulac
Manifest I.D. Number: 80756
Port of Embarkation: Naples
Mode of Travel: Steerage

````````````````

Passenger's Name: Ramaglia, Arcangelo

Passenger's Name: Ramaglia, Domenico

Passenger's Name: Ramaglia, Federico

Passenger's Name: Ramaglia, Giuseppe

Passenger's Name: Ramaglia, Michele

Village/Last Residence: Ripabottoni
Date of Arrival: Apr. 20, 1888
Final Destination: USA
Ship's Name: Cachemire
Captain's Name: Antoni
Manifest I.D. Number: 81177
Port of Embarkation: Marselles and Naples

````````````````````
The following Arcangelo could be the same as the one listed above if he settled in NY and returned to Italy. Just a guess on my part. There's a slight variation in the surname, which is common, but the age fits.

Passenger's Name: Ramaglio, Arcangelo
Village/Last Residence: NY
Date of Arrival: May. 24, 1892
Ship's Name: Elysia
Captain's Name: Mcamore
Manifest I.D. Number: 82112

`````````````
Passenger's Name: Ramaglia, Domenico
Date of Arrival: Apr. 23, 1883
Ship's Name: Brittania
Captain's Name: Jauffret
Manifest I.D. Number: 14

````````````
Passenger's Name: Ramaglia, Maria

Passenger's Name: Ramaglia, Giuseppe

Date of Arrival: May. 7, 1890
Ship's Name: Alesia
Captain's Name: Vallat
Manifest I.D. Number: 239
Port of Embarkation: Marselles and Naples

Posted: 29 Jun 2008 2:45PM GMT
Hi This is longer as I wanted to supply as much infromation as possible.
I hope that you might have some information on these, Thanks

The Tamilia or Tamilio (names seem to be interchangable)

I have been told by the last surviing relative who married
my uncle Frank (son of Michele Tamilia) Adele Fiorilli
(known in the familly to be his cousin)born Dec 16, 1930
(listed as born Dec 17 1929 on the marriage certificate)
in in Guardialfiera, Campobasso, Italy.

MICHELE TAMILIA: Son of Francisco Tamilia and Maria
Antonietta Tomasso (wifes name assumed). Born November 13, 1895 in Ripabottoni, Guardialfiera, Campobasso, Italy.
No confirming data
Married CLEMENTINA PRINCIPE in Italy. Born March 14, 1897,
Left his home in Guardialfiera, Campobasso, Italy, via Ellis Island, New York City, New York, U.S.A. September 6,
Clementina (Michele's wife) and their daughter Antoinette arrived in Montreal either 1923 or 24.

see children
40: ANTOINETTE TAMILIA:
41: FRANK TAMILIA:
42: ESTER TAMILIA:
43: MARIA TAMILIA:
44: TABITA TAMILIA:
45: ANNA TAMILIA:
46: GUISEPPINA TAMILIA:

ANTONIETTA TAMILIA: Daughter of Michele Tamilia and Clementina Principe. Born March 7, 1921 in Italy. Possible sister of Pasquale Tamilio and cousin of Michel Tamilia Family: ASSUMED
most likely sister as this comes from both Pasquale and Mariette direct descendants.

My fathers adopted mother
MARIETTE TAMILIA: Born in Italy November 11, 1888 (1887 date as per the Quebec Vital Statistics (décès) index 1931-1970) (1888 as per the Quebec marriage certificate number
in Guardialfiera, Campobasso, Italy. Husband G D'Onofrio arrived in Canada before Mariette Tamilia. When Mariette arrived with her daughter BEATRICE (ANNIE) MARIA GIUSEPPA D'ONOFRIO: Daughter of Giuseppe D'Onofrio and Mariette Maria Tamilia. Born March 13, 1908 in Guardialfiera, Italy.Beatrice, Giuseppe D'Onofrio had another family so Mariette left him.

TAMILIO FAMILLY
these taken from someelses world conect and I have not verified if true

NICOLA TAMILIA: Son of Dominico Tamilia and Luciegile Piedimonte.
Died August 30, 1816 Ripabottoni, Molise, Guardialfiera, Campobasso, Italy.
Married MARIA ANTONIA CORLONE daughter of Giovanni Corlone and Teresangela Yannelli.

ANGELO TAMILIO: Son of Nicola Tamilia and Maria Antonia Corlone. Born December 23, 1801 in Ripabottoni, Guardialfiera, Campobasso, Italy. Married to GIUSEPPINA MARIA FACCONE born 1803 in Ripabottoni, Guardialfiera, Campobasso, Italy. Died January 2, 1845 in Ripabottoni, Guardialfiera, Campobasso, Italy. Daughter of Nazzario Faccone and Teresa Colasardo.

NICOLAMARIA TAMILIA: Son of Angelo Tamilio and Giuseppina Maria Faccone. Born February 20, 1838 in Ripabottoni, Guardialfiera, Campobasso, Italy. Married December 18, 1854 in Ripabottoni, Larino, Guardialfiera, Campobasso, Italy to MICHELE MARIA CIARLA born September 26, 1833 in Ripabottoni, Guardialfiera, Campobasso, Italy daughter of Cormo Ciarla and Giuseppa Liluoggio.
children:

ANGELO TAMILIA: Born 1844 Guardialfiera, Campobasso,Italy. Died February, 1924 in Guardialfiera, Campobasso, Italy.
Married LUCIA MARIA PEGGIO born April 30, 1866 in Ripabottoni, Guardialfiera, Campobasso, Italy.
see his children Numbered as (AA) below
GIUSEPPE TAMILIA: Born April 6, 1856 in Guardialfiera, Campobasso, Italy.

ANGELO MICHELE TAMILIO: Born January 20, 1863 in Guardialfiera, Campobasso, Italy.

FRANCESCANTONIO TAMILIA: Born Feb 14, 1865 in Guardialfiera, Campobasso, Italy.

(AA)
MICHELLE ASCENDRA MARIA TAMILIA: Daughter of Angelo
Tamilio and Lucia Maria Peggio. Born May 16, 1885 in Guardialfiera, Campobasso, Italy.
MARIA MICHELE TAMILIA: Daughter of Angelo Tamilio and Lucia Maria Peggio. Born November 17, 1887 in Guardialfiera, Campobasso, Italy. Married April 11, 1907 in Guardialfiera, Campobasso, Italy to GIUSEPPE D'ONOFRIO
MARIETTE TAMILIA: Daughter of Angelo Tamilio and Lucia Maria Peggio. Born November 11, 1888 in Guardialfiera, Campobasso, Italy.
PASQUALE TAMILIA: Son of Angelo Tamilio and Lucia Maria Peggio. Born December 13, 1890 in Guardialfiera, Campobasso, Italy.
CATERINA TAMILIA: Daughter of Angelo Tamilio and Lucia Maria Peggio. Born March 24, 1895 in Guardialfiera, Campobasso, Italy.
GIUSEPPANTONIO TAMILIA: Son of Angelo Tamilio and Lucia Maria Peggio. Born March 24, 1895 in Guardialfiera, Campobasso, Italy.
ROSA MARIA TAMILIA: Daughter of Angelo Tamilio and Lucia Maria Peggio. Born February 29, 1896 in Guardialfiera, Campobasso, Italy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PASQUALE TAMILIO: Son of Angelo Tamilio and Lucia Maria Peggio. Born December 13, 1890 in Guardialfiera, Campobasso, Italy. Married October 10, 1910 at Notre Dame Church, Montreal, QC, Canada to INCORONATA MARIA COLAMEO born April 24, 1897 in Ripabottoni, Guardialfiera, Campobasso, Italy. Italy She was 27 years old (born about 1893).???

Posted: 1 Feb 2014 8:10AM GMT
Hi Sue,
My name is Chelsea Weiman. I am trying to look into the Ramaglia side of my family and was wondering if you had any information on Pasquale. He was married to Maria Dominica Donatelli, but I really know nothing of his family inItaly before he moved to Washington. I know this thread was from a couple of years ago, but if you still are using this website and have any information for me, that would be fantastic! Thank you

Posted: 28 Apr 2014 4:17PM GMT
Found this that might help:

Pasquale Ramaglia born 15 Apr 1892 to
Giuseppantonio Ramaglia, age 35 and to his wife,
Antonia Maria d'Iorio

Brother Giovanni born 5 Apr 1891

Married 29 May 1890, Giuseppantonio Ramaglia, age 36, son of the late Giovanni Ramaglia and Florinda Ricciuto. And Antonia Maria D'Iorio, 24, dauther of Domenico Filomeno D'Iorio and the late Maria Michele Sauro.

Giuseppantonio Ramaglia born 22 Aug 1853 to Giovanni Ramaglia, age 40 and to his wife Florinda Ricciuti, age 40

Giovanni Antonio Ramaglia born 7 Nov 1806 to Domenico Ramaglia and his wife Candida Valentine

Florinda Ricciuti born 15 April 1811 to Stanislao Ricciuti age 30 and to his wife Natalizia Violante.

Giovanni Antonio Ramaglia age 29, married Florinda Ricciuti on 29 Jan 1836. He is the son of Domenico, and of Candida Valentine. She is age 24 and the daugther of Stanislao, who is dead, ad of Natalizia Violante.

Stanislao died 16 Aug 1815 age 36, son of Filippo Ricciuti and Florinda Malivecchio

Fillipo Ricciuti died 18 Dec 1803 at age 61. Believe he was in Campobasso and no parents revealed.

Hope this is helpful...

Susan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic